how to remove stains on the top of my PRS

Weily

Hello,
I recently buy a second hand custom 22 and have some marks a want to remove, some advices?

B4skOVQJqIp
the red one

The system don't let me put images until 10 responses... Let me do that

Yeah.... there’s nothing you can do but refinish that, sorry.

That’s called “blushing” or “clouding” and it’s a reaction to moisture trapped between coats of polyurethane.

Yeah.... there’s nothing you can do but refinish that, sorry.

That’s called “blushing” or “clouding” and it’s a reaction to moisture trapped between coats of polyurethane.

How does that even happen? Is it a reaction from being in a hot environment or something?

I can't imagine it got a significant amount of moisture when it was being done at the factory (although Maryland is pretty dang humid in the summer).

How does that even happen? Is it a reaction from being in a hot environment or something?

I can't imagine it got a significant amount of moisture when it was being done at the factory (although Maryland is pretty dang humid in the summer).

Yeah, that’s exactly what can happen. When it’s hot and damp the chemical compounds in the clear coat will turn to gas as they dry and attract microscopic moisture particles. Then, as time goes by and the clear continues to dry out, those little moisture particles will diffuse the light that hits it and make it appear like that milky white cloudy look.

Yeah, that’s exactly what can happen. When it’s hot and damp the chemical compounds in the clear coat will turn to gas as they dry and attract microscopic moisture particles. Then, as time goes by and the clear continues to dry out, those little moisture particles will diffuse the light that hits it and make it appear like that milky white cloudy look.

The same thing will happen on a new guitar if you don't have a good moisture filter or spray when it's too humid.

Back