How to handle depression and withdrawal (JOKE THREAD!)

DougUSMC

Perpetual Practicer
I think this week we're squarely in the middle, the absolute lull between the PRS Experiences.

All the days prior to today I was still coming down off the high.

There's still ~ 365ish days left until 2020.

How so you guys deal with the anguish and sense of loss??

I stand firmly positioned in a line of cars, waiting for some wing nut driver next to me to ask if he wants to go shopping for blues-related guitar gear.

I wasn’t depressed but I decided to celebrate this thread by ordering an NOS RCA 12AX7A, tested for low noise and microphonics, for my “end of the world” stash of NOS tubes.

“Les, if the world ends, you won’t need the tubes.”

“I guess I’d better rethink the name then, huh?”

“I certainly would.”

“Does ‘lifetime supply of NOS tube stash; have the same ring to it?”

“Dude, at your age, ‘lifetime supply’ could mean, well...let’s put it this way. Don’t wait too long to use them.” ;)

I stare at brights for a living and have plenty of time to contemplate world and personal issues and how to resolve them. Then i go home, open a beer, and don't do what i contemplated.

Why be depressed? Playing guitar, even a bit badly, is better than never experiencing it in the first place. I would apply that to most all endeavors in life... ;-) My dad used to butcher a saying that well, I only ever heard him say.. "Mijo, we hab Mexican Inguinalty"!! We can play instruments!!!...Ok pops...;-)

Hey there! Dealing with depression and withdrawal can be a tough and challenging journey. But remember, you're not alone and there's always help available.

Back