How thick is the maple top on the S2 series compared to the Core series

I can't give an exact measurement, but looking at the side of my S2 594 compared to my core Custom 22 and older CE 22 maple top, the S2 is definitely thinner. That being said, both of my S2's play extremely well, though the electronics and pickups are a little bit of a weak point. I ended up replacing the pickups in both my S2 594 McCarty Singlecut and my Custom 22 Semi-hollow. 58/15 LT in the former and Bare Knuckle Abraxas in the latter.

I can't give an exact measurement, but looking at the side of my S2 594 compared to my core Custom 22 and older CE 22 maple top, the S2 is definitely thinner. That being said, both of my S2's play extremely well, though the electronics and pickups are a little bit of a weak point. I ended up replacing the pickups in both my S2 594 McCarty Singlecut and my Custom 22 Semi-hollow. 58/15 LT in the former and Bare Knuckle Abraxas in the latter.
Hi @MarcWink … thank you for that info. I’d heard from others that the pickups are their weak points… Kind of like Gibson that way.. I’ve been using Zhangbucker pickups in my Les Pauls now for years and love their tones. I appreciate the info on the maple tops….nice to hear on the S2’s that the quality is there……

Back