How the hell did I miss THIS?

Brad737

This space for rent...
Hey guys,

I was thinking today about how it’s been so long since I’ve purchased a new PRS. The simple fact of the matter is that ever since I bought my Private Stock a few years back, my GAS was been abnormally manageable. :p

Anyway, with all the talk of a Forum guitar, 594s, Fiores and such filling my brain, I started thinking about what would I want, RIGHT NOW, from PRS? I want a no-frills, 100% tone machine. I immediately thought of an all-mahogany CE. Why all mahogany? Because I have two 1985 PRSes...a Custom and a Pre-Standard. The Standard sounds better. As for pickups, I like Sergio’s proposal of a 59/09 in the bridge, and a 57/08 In the neck, with McCarty switching. (On my Private Stock, I went with a 59/09 in the bridge and 53/10 in the neck, so I love that vibe.) I’d prefer a Pattern Vintage carve with Moons.

Guess what? PRS has already made something close to that spec. It’s the PRS CE Standard Satin model.

https://prsguitars.com/blog/post/missed_connections_ce_24_standard_satin

It looks like they were discontinued in 2017, but there’s a chance some may still be hiding at some dealers. I want a Vintage Cherry one. Off a’googlin’ I go...

Ish Guitars has a pretty sweet run of CE 24 Standard Satin Nitros they just got in. The body is solid mahogany and the neck is maple with a rosewood board. They have 85/15 TCI pickups. Not exactly what you described, but not THAT far off, and only $1499. A steal with the full 85/15 TCI pickups, which you could easily sell and swap in 59/09 and 57/08s.

Ish Guitars has a pretty sweet run of CE 24 Standard Satin Nitros they just got in. The body is solid mahogany and the neck is maple with a rosewood board. They have 85/15 TCI pickups. Not exactly what you described, but THAT far off, and only $1499. A steal with the full 85/15 TCI pickups.
I’ll check ‘em out!

Hey guys,

I was thinking today about how it’s been so long since I’ve purchased a new PRS. The simple fact of the matter is that ever since I bought my Private Stock a few years back, my GAS was been abnormally manageable. :p

Anyway, with all the talk of a Forum guitar, 594s, Fiores and such filling my brain, I started thinking about what would I want, RIGHT NOW, from PRS? I want a no-frills, 100% tone machine. I immediately thought of an all-mahogany CE. Why all mahogany? Because I have two 1985 PRSes...a Custom and a Pre-Standard. The Standard sounds better. As for pickups, I like Sergio’s proposal of a 59/09 in the bridge, and a 57/08 In the neck, with McCarty switching. (On my Private Stock, I went with a 59/09 in the bridge and 53/10 in the neck, so I love that vibe.) I’d prefer a Pattern Vintage carve with Moons.

Guess what? PRS has already made something close to that spec. It’s the PRS CE Standard Satin model.

https://prsguitars.com/blog/post/missed_connections_ce_24_standard_satin

It looks like they were discontinued in 2017, but there’s a chance some may still be hiding at some dealers. I want a Vintage Cherry one. Off a’googlin’ I go...

Here you go:

https://ish.guitars/collections/pau...prs-ce-24-standard-satin-nitro-vintage-cherry

Dang. Ish had some natural finish CEs that were killer, but they’re sold out. Peach has some just like this, but in Antique White and Vintage Mahogany finishes as well. Decisions, decisions...

Back