How the heck am I going to get any work done today?

Dirty_Boogie

Still got the ol' tagger on it
Apparently, I'm not! NGD... delivered this morning. I am finally the very proud owner of my first Core model - McCarty in Charcoal Burst. What a wonderful instrument! Very resonant, and the 58/15's are so smooth and "airy". No point in keeping the 2017 SE C22 - it won't get played again - to CL/Reverb it goes...

Anyway, I guess I can now get rid of my Hello Kitty Squire avatar. Heeeere's Teddy...

Z1r1onEh.jpg

Hevvnewh.jpg

47M9EnJh.jpg

I might be back in a few days. ;)

Finally... I got a "Bangin!" - I truly feel a part of this community now. Thanks Sergio. :)

Believe me, nothing makes me happier than when I get to hand one out. You did well.

Dude! You're done romancin' the KL already? :confused:

Romance with a child in the house doesn’t last long.

You can still have snow days and NGD days. Home workers get equal rights with the rest of us!

It doesn’t work like that here...

Finally... I got a "Bangin!" - I truly feel a part of this community now. Thanks Sergio. :)

Ya... it's a special day, when you get a Bangin' from Sergio.
I remember my first 'bangin' from Sergio...
Oh wait, that sounds so wrong...

Congrats on the beautiful guitar. Very nice.
And ya... the SE will probably never get played again... kinda like what happened to my Ibanez and Jackson, the day I got my CE24.

Last edited:
What really struck me about this guitar (before I even plugged it in) was how much lighter it is than my SE C22. I picked it up expecting the weight of my SE, but it felt so much lighter. I guess I was expecting that due to the thicker McCarty body (which really isn't that much thicker) it would have more of the heft of a LP. Wood density obviously accounts for some difference, but could the trem/block alone make that much of a difference (especially since there's a big route of wood missing for the trem unit.? It's definitely one of the lightest guitars I've ever owned - love the feel of it!

Back