How safe is it to bring my PRS with V12 finish outside for a few hours?

CakeEater

I live in south-east Ireland, so temperatures are usually between 10 - 25 Celsius in the Summer, and fairly humid.

Does the V12 finish protect the guitar reasonably well, or should I have any concerns?

thanks.

v12 was designed specifically to not have the sort of problems you are eluding to.

I just want to play outside as the weather gets nicer without making too much noise.

If weather checking would likely be an issue then I'd leave the PRS behind. I shouldn't worry about V12 though?

what is this "celsius" of which you speak? will you be playing it in the actual rain?

You should have zero issues playing in those temperatures. Those are mild temps - not too hot, not too cold. Very similar to my spring to early summer temps and I've played outside in colder/hotter temps. No worries.

Cool, thanks everyone!

And don't worry, I won't be playing in the rain. :biggrin:

the only issue you should have is having to retune when taking the guitar from inside to outside and viceversa. unless you keep any central cooling off in the house and your windows open.

I thought the violence had died down there now? Check for bombs under the cover:evil:

Back