How rare is rare?

Bloozyguy

Having just joined the PRS ownership club, it happened by way of my desire for a high quality P-90 equipped guitar. I found a 2009 SC245 Ted McCarty burst 10-top with the dark grey figured maple Santana headstock. Stunning all around, and fit my needs far better than the other soapbar guitars I tested. But I'm curious about the fact that it's very hard, it seems, to find documentation about this guitar - or even other examples for sale. I know they're somewhat uncommon, but I'm hoping someone can tell me more about this model.

The Teds were a pretty small run of special ones, with nitro finishes, the Santana headstock, etc. Someone else can clarify, but for some reason I think they may be 24.5” scale.

PRS releases special guitar runs from time to time, but they don’t reveal how many were made, etc. In any case, you got a super-nice instrument! Enjoy it!

The Teds were a pretty small run of special ones, with nitro finishes, the Santana headstock, etc. Someone else can clarify, but for some reason I think they may be 24.5” scale.

PRS releases special guitar runs from time to time, but they don’t reveal how many were made, etc. In any case, you got a super-nice instrument! Enjoy it!
I surely will enjoy it,thanks!

Having just joined the PRS ownership club, it happened by way of my desire for a high quality P-90 equipped guitar. I found a 2009 SC245 Ted McCarty burst 10-top with the dark grey figured maple Santana headstock. Stunning all around, and fit my needs far better than the other soapbar guitars I tested. But I'm curious about the fact that it's very hard, it seems, to find documentation about this guitar - or even other examples for sale. I know they're somewhat uncommon, but I'm hoping someone can tell me more about this model.
Congrats! I have a 2014 245 Ted with humbuckers, and like guitar so much that I was looking for one with P-90s. You're lucky! Eventually PRS came out with a McCarty 594 so I picked that up to scratch the itch.

Now post a bunch so you can show us a photo!

Congrats! I have a 2014 245 Ted with humbuckers, and like guitar so much that I was looking for one with P-90s. You're lucky! Eventually PRS came out with a McCarty 594 so I picked that up to scratch the itch.

Now post a bunch so you can show us a photo!
Will do!

Great find! Teds are special guitars, IMHO. 24.5” scale.... I have a 2013 WL Ted with a solid rosewood neck that is stellar. Congrats!
Wow, solid rosewood neck...I almost bought a pro series Jazzmaster because it had that feature. Fastest neck I’ve ever felt. But alas, I did NOT love the tone. My Ted has tone out the wazoo.

Big congrats!! Always wanted one of those!

Wow, solid rosewood neck...I almost bought a pro series Jazzmaster because it had that feature. Fastest neck I’ve ever felt. But alas, I did NOT love the tone. My Ted has tone out the wazoo.

It's not too late. This one is stellar, and I ought to know!

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.co...-singelcut-wrosewood-neck-honey-2010/31831637

ibhRkjT.jpg

I recently picked up one of these off of my local Craig's list after many years playing Les Pauls. It looks identical to the one in your bloozy name plate photo. I love it, and also have been looking for more info on this model.

Back