How old of a guitar would you buy?

My oldest guitar is 38 years old. I'd never worry about buying an old guitar as long as it was structurally sound and the price was right. At the end of the day you're buying wood. And old guitars can have some good wood that has had chance to age

Old guitarists rock!

Oh wait, you mean guitars...

Yeah, old guitars rock too!

I have a 40-year-old guitar (not a PRS, unfortunately) that plays fantastic and is in great shape.

If I had the opportunity to own a 30-year-old PRS in good nick, I'd go for it!

My oldest PRS is from 2002, I believe, and plays just fine, thankyouverymuch.

So yeah, don't let age affect your decision, just the overall condition.

I have three 97s. That' as old as I have in my stable. I would love to own an older prs.

As long as it’s a great guitar in great condition, as old as can be, and as young as can be.

Not how old of PRS guitar but how old of a guitar. I have decided I am at some point going to look for about a 1963-64 Strat. I'm a PRS guy, obviously since I'm here, not a Strat guy. I rarely pick up my American Standard Strat. Really nice guitar but I just pick up others first. And I am not looking for that year because it was pre-CBS ruining Fender. That is pure coincidence. I played bass in a high school band and played a Fender. I graduated in 1966 and continued in the band through that summer and the first semester of college.

So I have back calculated and figured the years I was most active in the band were 1963-1964. And, yes, I am now trying to play 6 string but, since it was a Fender I played back then, it's what I want. Is this silly? Absolute pure silliness. But sometime down the road I may go looking for one.

Not how old of PRS guitar but how old of a guitar. I have decided I am at some point going to look for about a 1963-64 Strat. I'm a PRS guy, obviously since I'm here, not a Strat guy. I rarely pick up my American Standard Strat. Really nice guitar but I just pick up others first. And I am not looking for that year because it was pre-CBS ruining Fender. That is pure coincidence. I played bass in a high school band and played a Fender. I graduated in 1966 and continued in the band through that summer and the first semester of college.

So I have back calculated and figured the years I was most active in the band were 1963-1964. And, yes, I am now trying to play 6 string but, since it was a Fender I played back then, it's what I want. Is this silly? Absolute pure silliness. But sometime down the road I may go looking for one.

This makes sense to me. I was born in '67 and often think I should acquire a birth year guitar.

I have a ‘65 SG Special. I had it modded with a tune-o-matic in 1970. It is, therefore, no collector’s item and it has plenty of wear.

It plays and sounds great, has the original P-90s, and for some unexplainable reason, it hasn’t needed a setup or adjustment since 1989.

It’s so stable, I think maybe the neck wood became fossilized due to age! ;)

Older PRSes age very nicely. I wish I still had all the ones that passed through my hands over the years, but I’m a serial guitar-owner.

I was a bass player in high school too. I played Gibson and still have it.

But...I wanted to play guitar and thought strat was the way to go. It took me a really long time to find one I actually liked in my hands though so I already had a Tele, a Les Paul and a couple of rooms stuffed with PRS.

Back