How much $$$ would you add for an autograph?

Just give it time for a few more 32% price drops.

Personally, I’d rather fly to Vegas, see his show and get him to sign the backplate on my Westie. And it would be cheaper.
I was in Vegas recently and planned on going to his show, but after I saw how late I’d have to stay up and how early I had to get up, I decided “meh”. Add standing in line for an autograph and I’ll add a Billy Idol snarl to my meh. :rolleyes:

1122838.gif

If worried about how the market value will be affected, why not have it signed on a control cover so that it can be swapped out for $20? Also, the answer to your question depends upon what you’re really asking. Are you asking if it increases or decreases the market value, or are you asking what it’s worth to the owner? Let’s say I’m a huge Jimi Hendrix fan, I personally witnessed his signature, and I never plan on parting with it. What that signature is “worth” is a personal thing and judged by the owner. Not everything should be prized based upon its market value or what it’s worth to others.

If worried about how the market value will be affected, why not have it signed on a control cover so that it can be swapped out for $20? Also, the answer to your question depends upon what you’re really asking. Are you asking if it increases or decreases the market value, or are you asking what it’s worth to the owner? Let’s say I’m a huge Jimi Hendrix fan, I personally witnessed his signature, and I never plan on parting with it. What that signature is “worth” is a personal thing and judged by the owner. Not everything should be prized based upon its market value or what it’s worth to others.

Mainly wanted to showcase another out of touch reverb seller, but also curious how much someone might be willing to pay extra.
I ran into Joe Bonamassa at a vintage guitar show and had him sign (or rather initial) my pick. I don't think the pick is now worth $200, maybe $2 to $5 :D

Mainly wanted to showcase another out of touch reverb seller, but also curious how much someone might be willing to pay extra.
I ran into Joe Bonamassa at a vintage guitar show and had him sign (or rather initial) my pick. I don't think the pick is now worth $200, maybe $2 to $5 :D

It's market worth is whatever one buyer is willing to pay.

I would get the control plate of my Santana III signed if I had the chance to meet the man himself, however it would just be a cool thing to have, not as a way of trying to increase the value of the guitar.

I don't get the idea of buying an autograph, isn't the point that you met the person. Nowadays it's all about the selfie rather than the autograph, either way it's a way to remember that you met this famous person.

If I were to buy a signed guitar...I'll stop, I wouldn't buy a signed guitar.

That said, my DGT is signed by Grissom and Paul Smith, my SRV Strat is signed by Jimmie Vaughan, and Dick Dale signed my Dick Dale Strat (four times, once on the front) - you didn't tell Dick Dale where to sign.

Those signatures all mean something to me. I had them signed, I was there, I was in the moment...no one, but maybe my children, will care.

Unfortunately, a signed whatever is meaningless to me unless I can vouch for it.

Kind of a weird double standard.

images
BGb7GJICTi6ATLeroiR9-Q.jpg
18514279_448393942174333_2949090438545408000_n.jpg
18514057_1320150908039614_7388769407679332352_n.jpg

Popped up in my feed, and while I can see a couple hundred extra for an autograph, I don't know if I should laugh or cry at these folks expecting $3.5K to $5K for an SE.
If I couldn't clean it off, I'd offer $0.

Autographs are for books, pictures, and records, NOT for instruments.

I have four signed guitars. Two DGTs signed by Grissom (with a bonus PRS on one) and one DGT signed by Phil Keaggy. All on the back of the headstock. I have an HB1 signed on the back of the headstock by Kenny Greenberg and on the heel by Ashley Cleveland. All places they aren't likely to get rubbed off.

All four of those artists are favorites of mine and having them sign the guitars were really special moments.

Would I pay more for a guitar signed by one of them? No. Would I ask more for the guitars because of the signs if I sold them? No. Of course, because they were signed when I was around those artists, they're never getting sold. ;)

That said, my DGT is signed by Grissom and Paul Smith, my SRV Strat is signed by Jimmie Vaughan, and Dick Dale signed my Dick Dale Strat (four times, once on the front) - you didn't tell Dick Dale where to sign.

Those signatures all mean something to me. I had them signed, I was there, I was in the moment...no one, but maybe my children, will care.

Unfortunately, a signed whatever is meaningless to me unless I can vouch for it.

images

Winning post of the thread!

Paul’s signature on every private stock though is quite a unique thing. It signifies that he has personally tested and checked the guitar. How many founders / CEO’s do that? Very cool.
We have a Charles Walter consol piano signed by Charles Walter :)

I got Miss Pernie, my wife got the piano. It was a ‘signature’ year :D

:eek:

images

Uh dude...have you ever noticed the stink eye those two are giving you? What did you do????!!!!!

Yeah I don't care about signatures and would decrease the value to me.

Back