How much $$$ would you add for an autograph?

MichaelS

I'm here for the free kool-aid...
Popped up in my feed, and while I can see a couple hundred extra for an autograph, I don't know if I should laugh or cry at these folks expecting $3.5K to $5K for an SE.
My bet is it won't sell. :cool:

I'd rather have Carlos PLAY my core for a few minutes than slap his sharpie on it.

Casa Noble Santana SE
https://reverb.com/item/18293969-pr...yst-purple-w-soft-case-and-jsa-authentication

rlwbrk6yqde5rdaubg0h.jpg

I saw @WD 3D 's intro mentioning the same (type of) guitar. Curious what he thinks about autographs in general and this on in particular.

Hi everyone. I just purchased my first "new" PRS this week (and counting the days until it arrives) though it is my 3rd PRS. My first is my Santana SE with the Casa Noble logo (signed by Carlos). [...]
Bill

I avoid signed guitars. All of a sudden you went from a hundred people that might buy your guitar down to the two fanatic fans of that particular artist, and they may not have any cash to buy it.

I was glad PRS started using artist truss covers so you can de-artist a signature model.

The description is kinda wonky too.

Not sure what a “freeboard” is.... oh wait, Lynyrd Skynyrd?
Says it has a “carved figured maple top”.... on an SE?
I can’t see the “Rosewood Veneer with Inlaid Eagle Headstock” either

Pass!

I wouldn't want a guitar signed on top, either. At least there is a certificate of authenticity with it. Still, I wouldn't pay 1/3 of that.

It would actually detract some value in my eyes.

There’s some guy on Reverb that wants $4000 for a CE that’s signed by Breaking Benjamin....GTFO, who cares?

Unless it’s a signature on a cashiers check, there’s nobody who’s signature I even remotely care about.

The description is kinda wonky too.

Says it has a “carved figured maple top”.... on an SE?
I can’t see the “Rosewood Veneer with Inlaid Eagle Headstock” either

Pass!
Hahaha! I didn't even read this part. Another seller copying stuff from the PRS site without knowing A from B.
They might think it's a core hence the price tag... ROFL

oh, just saw, zero feedback and only 1 listing... it'll never sell

Last edited:
I normally charge $95 to $200 per autograph. But that is for official paperwork. An autograph on a guitar makes it useless to me, because I can not play it now ( to preserve the autograph) a useless guitar is a useless tool. If I can't use it, I no longer need nor want it. It might as well be broken.

Probably none at all. Autographs don’t mean much to me; they could well be on my cup rather than my guitar.

Guitars formerly owned and played by celebrities and important industry people, are a different matter.

Back