How much money do you have tied up in your gear?

What's your estimate of the total amount you have spent on your current/largest amount of gear?

• Total voters
Dude. If I even look at a guitar thats not mine I get scolded.
Funny

So that ya'll understand, Kate and I worked for years to get completely out of debt. A few years ago I wrote my last mortgage payment check of $39,000 in one go so that we would be done. That allows a person certain freedoms. I am paying for 5 kids to go to college, but without interest payments of any kind, I can budget in school costs. We have disposable income each month. If I wanted a new git fiddle I could just go buy it. Turns out I have pretty much everything I want right now so I choose to spend those dollars on things like wife, kids, and an occasional ribeye steak with a side of bacon.

Funny

So that ya'll understand, Kate and I worked for years to get completely out of debt. A few years ago I wrote my last mortgage payment check of $39,000 in one go so that we would be done. That allows a person certain freedoms. I am paying for 5 kids to go to college, but without interest payments of any kind, I can budget in school costs. We have disposable income each month. If I wanted a new git fiddle I could just go buy it. Turns out I have pretty much everything I want right now so I choose to spend those dollars on things like wife, kids, and an occasional ribeye steak with a side of bacon.
MMMmmmmmm..... bacon....:D

Funny

I wrote a check for $39,000 once. Oh, how we laughed, me, my wife, the arresting officers...

please bring the wall of amps to the nursing home.
You can turn up all you want. They can’t hear you. But be careful...those airborne granny-panties will knock you over and you’ll break a hip!:p

MkIII-rig-outdoor.jpg

Trailers, lighting rigs, PA racks weighing over 600lbs...oooph! Flyers, biz cards, free drinks, gas, breakfast at Denny’s, blah blah blah. Oh and personal guitar rig stuff.

You can turn up all you want. They can’t hear you. But be careful...those airborne granny-panties will knock you over and you’ll break a hip!:p

MkIII-rig-outdoor.jpg

Trailers, lighting rigs, PA racks weighing over 600lbs...oooph! Flyers, biz cards, free drinks, gas, breakfast at Denny’s, blah blah blah. Oh and personal guitar rig stuff.

Mmmm personal guitar rig!

Mmmm Ribeye Steak!

Mmmm a gig and a rib-eye!;)

I've never saved money before. I believed that money was a resource that had to be spent. I had to give up that mindset this year because it turned out to be very wasteful, especially concerning the equipment I had spent a fortune on. I can't quite put an amount together, but it was a very influential year for my music career, which is why I tried to make sure I had a solid foundation for the future. I did a great job, but I need money now. It's another challenge that life has given me, but I'm sure I can be successful.

Last edited:
Back