how much does your adjustable bridge weight?

Magnetic! I didn't think of that. It turns out that it's not. I'd guess, given Paul's obsession with materials, that he'd never use zinc or zamac or anything like it and imagine that it's brass.

so, i found an old pic - here it looks like it is brass nickel plated.
what do you think?

adjustable-bridge-back_zps32fd1067.jpg

Well, I didn't even know there was a 3rd!?! Interesting. I have 1 & 2 and much prefer 2, I wonder if the newest has any noticeable performance or tone difference?

just as a theory - could it be that my bridge is the one with built in piezos?
or what are those 2 holes at the bottom plate are for?
any idea?

adjustable-bridge-back_zps32fd1067.jpg

The second generation adjustable stoptail was different from the first in that the same basic bridge was used for the non-piezo and the piezo versions. The third will be the same. If yours were a piezo, it would have different saddles and a PCB attached to the two holes.

I reckon so. Thanks Prox.

I doubt v3 would be much different from v2. Perhaps you should compare v1 and v2 on the same guitar for us all. ;-)
That's WAY too much work. I prefer v2 because it's built better, the saddles and lack of E-clip is just way better. I will say I prefer the round vs square holes for the strings, so v1 wins on that small point.

so, my adjustable bridge weights 103 gramms.
this is the answer from the PTC:

"Thanks for contacting PRS Guitars. The adjustable bridge is made from aluminum and zinc. The saddles are brass, the screws are brass, the springs are steel and the intonation screws are black oxide coated steel. "

Last edited:
Back