How much better is the Martin Simpson model than other PRSai?

I wish I could give a more informed answer to this. Consider this more an impression than actual knowledge.

I feel that the difference between a non PS acoustic made in Maryland and a PS acoustic is much more blurred than the differences in their solid bodies. That might play into why they all ended up being Private Stock.

For a guitar you expect to keep, you are probably getting much better value on one that wasn’t labelled as a PS. Personally, I liked the McManus and Kilby a bit better than the Simpson, but I don’t really recall why.
Kilby and Simpson are two different body styles.

There aren't many prs acoustics in the wild in SE Iowa so when I was at a GC in Des Moines three years ago I was able to try an SE Acoustic.

I was absolutely blown away by how it played and sounded. I played it for an hour. I really wanted to buy it but the way my brain works is well if an SE is this good, how good are the cores?

I left but a few days later I called them and that SE was gone.

The next time I was in DM I stopped at the same GC and played another SE. This one had something buzzing inside that drove me nuts. Can't live with that so I left.

Last year I ended up with a used Steve Fischer Angelus cutaway and that thing is bada$$. I'm glad I passed on the SEs.

I've never had an acoustic that played this well and it's intonation is perfect everywhere.

I said here that a PS is nearly impossible for me to justify but once I retire I will order a PS acoustic. That will be my last acoustic I ever buy.

I need a new acoustic guitar. Tons out there. Is the PS acoustic worth the money? I like the fan brace model I played at Experience back in 2013(?). Sounded way open and balanced, especially in the factory!
Couldn't tell you. I'm a Breedlove guy. Love the Oregon made Concerts and Concertos.

Post is three years old anyway!

I just gotta throw this out there, despite being made in China, the SE acoustics are phenomenal and worth more than their price point. I personally think my A55e sounds better than either of my wifes Martins, and is a close match to any Taylor I've played.
Bingo. My SE Angelus Standard is the only acoustic guitar I've ever truly enjoyed playing...

Yeah, I reported it (or a similar post) and another similar post from a different "member" - the poster had links hidden in faded text as a spammy way of getting clicks.

Anyway, my Steve Fischer PRS acoustic is fantastic, well worth it if you can find one at a price you are comfortable with.

With the current prices of PS acoustics, I was pleased with my recent deal on a Steve Fischer model.

Back