How much better is the Martin Simpson model than other PRSai?

ViperDoc

Plugged In.
I need a new acoustic guitar. Tons out there. Is the PS acoustic worth the money? I like the fan brace model I played at Experience back in 2013(?). Sounded way open and balanced, especially in the factory!

I wish I could give a more informed answer to this. Consider this more an impression than actual knowledge.

I feel that the difference between a non PS acoustic made in Maryland and a PS acoustic is much more blurred than the differences in their solid bodies. That might play into why they all ended up being Private Stock.

For a guitar you expect to keep, you are probably getting much better value on one that wasn’t labelled as a PS. Personally, I liked the McManus and Kilby a bit better than the Simpson, but I don’t really recall why.

I've owned some wonderful acoustics; high end 40 series Martins, Collings, 900 series Taylor, many others. And played a bunch of my friends' custom specials from the builders who make one-offs. Each has its good qualities, but my PRS PS acoustic is the finest sounding acoustic guitar I've ever played or heard.

So my answer is 'yes'.

I also had one of the Artist models before they all went PS. It was a wonderful guitar as well.

Granted, my taste/needs might be different from yours.

I own a PS Angelus and a SE T50. Love Tony McManus' stuff and play quite a few of his tunes. ALSO love Martin's stuff and hope to be playing some of HIS tunes as well, shortly.Tony's sig model has a 1 3/4 nut width like the PS Angelus (mine), but Martin's has a 1 7/8th nut width. I play only fingerstyle and love the "standard" 1 3/4. I have found a 1 7/8th neck width to be a little wide, but probably only because I've never owned one and am therefore just not used to it. I'm sure the other lads and lasses here will correct me, but the bracing on both Martin and Tony's guitars are identical as far ss I know. Just the nut width differs. They are both STELLAR guitars and you won't go wrong with either. Having just bought a new T50 (no T60s' in stock...YET!!), I am fascinated at what I got for what I paid - VERY nice guitar!

Hope this has helped a bit.

I just gotta throw this out there, despite being made in China, the SE acoustics are phenomenal and worth more than their price point. I personally think my A55e sounds better than either of my wifes Martins, and is a close match to any Taylor I've played.

Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
Did you wish to comment on my statement? Or are you reiterating what Ive already said, word for word?

and just like that they are gone
Yeah, I reported it (or a similar post) and another similar post from a different "member" - the poster had links hidden in faded text as a spammy way of getting clicks.

Anyway, my Steve Fischer PRS acoustic is fantastic, well worth it if you can find one at a price you are comfortable with.

Yeah, I reported it (or a similar post) and another similar post from a different "member" - the poster had links hidden in faded text as a spammy way of getting clicks.

Anyway, my Steve Fischer PRS acoustic is fantastic, well worth it if you can find one at a price you are comfortable with.
I reported it too. Like they say, If you see something, say something.

Back