How many of you have a guitar/amp at work?

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
We know the PRS employee's here do, but this morning I brought in my little bean shaped Fernandes guitar and my new Roland Micro Cube GX.
Packed the guitar yesterday in one of my SE gig bags.
First time I have ever used the gig bag, and they are very nice.
Got out of my rig this morning and since I had a lot to carry, I used the shoulder straps like a backpack, very nice.
Was glad security was not in the parking lot at the time, as they might think I was toting something else besides a guitar ;)

Set the guitar and amp up in the PC room here where I eat my breakfast, and jammed out afterwards.
My ears are still ringing, as I can not turn it up this loud at home, and the loudest I had it this morning was the master about 3/4 up, and the volume about 1/3.
It will get a lot louder, but believe me, it was plenty loud, they claim it is 3 watts.

My lead was walking down the hall and he could hear it as soon as he turned the corner.
Tomorrow I am going to take it into the auditorium and crank it, but I will have the speaker facing away from me.
I cannot believe how loud this little amp is, and I was getting great feedback from it too when I quit playing.

If anyone gets a chance to play one of these new Micro Cube GXs, I am sure you will be pleased.

Anyways, anyone else play at work before hours, lunch, etc?

PS, these gig bags are really nice.
Used the built in hook to hang the bag from a coat hanger hook in my work locker.

With my new man-cave/office, I'm less than 30 feet away from all of my amps and whatever guitars I down there at the time. It's very distracting.

I work from home now days, but when I worked in data centers frequently I thought of doing this. I'd probably just rock a Holdsworth and iPad now if I had to carry it back and forth.

I work at home three days a week. Stuck with a cube in the business area when I'm in the office - I don't want to be there, so I wouldn't do that to my guitar.

But...one day in the parking garage, as I was driving up the ramp, I heard someone's radio really blaring, so I slowed down for when he came around the corner. Except he never did. It was one of the attendants with a Strat and a little Marshall cranked. Sounded good with all the natural reverb.

Can't bring a guitar in. Anything that comes in can't leave without a property pass. I have built a small transistor amp from discarded electronics, but I haven't found stuff to build a guitar from.

A friend of mine at work plays in a BlueGrass band. He brings in his Martins all the time cause he practices after work. I show him acoustic rock songs and he shows me bluegrass picking. He is also one hell of a banjo player. Make for a fun lunch hour filled with D-28's.

I work at home three days a week. Stuck with a cube in the business area when I'm in the office - I don't want to be there, so I wouldn't do that to my guitar.

Same here. I work from home three days a week. My workspace is upstairs, away from the guitars, but I do pop down to make some noise sometimes and I occasionally bring a guitar upstairs.

My boss is such a hard ass, he won't let me keep a guitar in my cube. But when he's not looking, I sneak down to his office and play his guitars. :vroam:

I changed jobs a couple of months ago. Now I'm mostly working from home, and my office is also the music room...

In my last job, the owner of the (software) company supported those of us that played, and they would offer up one of the conference rooms for occasional weekend jams. So I took a guitar in from time to time, but never left one there. One of the other guys kept a low end acoustic in the office. And their was a company owned electronic drum kit in a corner of a mostly unused area. We'd haul it into the conference room for those weekend jams. We all brought amps and instruments. I brought my portable PA. We used the screen in the conference room to project lyrics or tabs when we got experimental:

306051_1986566428764_850779_n.jpg

I work in a Health Centre, so am guessing it wouldn't go down too well with the patients if I turned up with a CU24 and Marshall......:rock:

I have a pair of Santana SE's in my office & a little Line 6 Spider III. I think its 15 watts. If I feel the need to crank up, I have access to some ISO rehearsal rooms in our new Music building.

I am surprised I have not ever brought one in before until today.
I usually take a half hour nap after breakfast in the morning here (not on the clock yet) but this morning I actually feel more energetic not doing that and playing the guitar instead.

I may try bringing in one of my SEs later too, and leaving it in my locker during the week, and take it home on Friday.
I am really looking forward to cranking it up tomorrow morning.
About the only other people here at that time in the morning are pilots training in the flight simulators in another wing of the building, and they will not be able to hear it where I am.

Before having kids I used to be in two bands totaling 3 practices per week and usually a show on the weekends. Add outside of work practice and writing and I was playing almost every day.

Since having kids, well... you guys who have small kids know what it's like. Almost immediately after having kids, while we were still trying to figure the whole thing out, I noticed my chops declining. Nowadays our band does practice once on the weekend but it's not enough to keep my playing at a good level.

I do get an hour for lunch, sometimes. I also have an office with a door that locks. So, I have a guitar in my office I play unplugged. If I come up with a cool riff, I have a Line 6 Pocket Pod I run through into Audacity on my work computer. Even putting in 15 minutes three times per week keeps my chops up fairly well.

I have 2 hooks on the wall and a nice h&k zentera amp. I almost never plug in but I do grab a guitar for a few minutes each day. It's a big stress reliever for me just to see guitars near by. At least 2 or 3 days a week ill bring a guitar in with my gig bag and have ready just in case. I know my coworkers think its crazy but I just being near a guitar in case I have a few minutes to play makes me feel human. In the winter my office is dry as a bone so I never leave the guitars there for very long. Bottom line guitars in the office = good idea... Be sure to lock your door if you leave one over night.

I used the auditorium this morning and had the Cube cranked up pretty good.
Put the speaker facing away from me, and it was nice and loud.

Right before I was done I pulled out a chair and sat in front of the speaker about six feet away and it was ear deafening, this little amp rocks.
Taking it home today, and will be bringing in my Yamaha THR 10X tomorrow morning to try out and see how it compares in loudness.

Back