How long you guys playing PRS guitars??

Russ73

For me its been since 15'...decided on an S2 Mira, that I still have, and have since bought 2 Standard 22s, one satin and one used from Daves but I think it was new...and a Core Standard 22 plus have bought and sold 4 SEs and am now on the hunt for a CE 22...the only other guitar I have now is a MM Silo Special and my 2 Taylors...cant seem to keep anything else, Ive owned Strats and Teles and Gibbys but they all go out the door for different reasons...guess im in a phase right now lol

Early 90s. I worked at a store. We weren't a PRS dealer but my boss pulled a deal with a store in Dallas for a CU24 in dark cherry sunburst. I believe they were $2400 back then. I got it for $1320 plus tax. And I've been hooked ever since.

Bought my first CU22 in 2008 after dreaming of owning one for 22 years, Never played another brand since
currently have the 513 AP and the Ted 245 hoping to get a 594 SC sometime in the future.

2014 I traded with a buddy into a Hollowbody, then bought a used Swamp Ash Special.

Then last year I got into a used Paul’s Guitar, which was not like I remembered my former PRS.
I began selling off guitars to collect used PRS’s.

In Dec ‘18 I bought a brand new (‘18) PRS 594 McCarty. WhaHOO!

1992 if I remember right. Picked up a secondhand Classic Electric for a price I could not pass up. I thought it would be the only one I'd ever get to own. Happily, I was very very wrong about that...

since 2014. I bought a used 53/10 limited. I'd just got married, my wife was just pregnant with our first child, but we were still in our smaller house and only running one car so I still had money in the bank. I told the wife that I wanted to get myself a nice guitar whilst I had the chance.
Good job I took the opportunity as now I have two children, a bigger house and running two cars and I'm skint!

2006 or 2007. Getting into guitar I got one of those beginner Squire pack when I was in middle school and saved up enough for a goldtop PRS CE before I was done with high school. Owned it for a couple years before selling it for college rent.

Aside from two Ibanez RG3120s and a couple of Mexican teles along the way, always been a PRS player because I learnt with 25" scale and stuck with it. Now I owned 2 core singlecuts and 3 CE22s.

Back