How long until we get a 408 with Piezo!?

Rango

Interested in the 408's, but with having the options the P22 gives me... I think I'd have a hard time giving up having PIEZO available at all times! :D

So that leads to the question in the title - How long until we get a 408 with Piezo!? :top:
Other than going PS...and I just can't put that much $$$ into a new guitar.

Anybody else think this would be cool? :biggrin:

I guess we could ask the PTC if that would be a retro fit they could do...but that might be as much as just going PS to start. ;)

Last edited:
I am into that totally.
I contacted PTC and they can't do it. They just don't have the jigs needed to retro fit a Piezo into a solid body guitar, so I think we have to wait for a while. My guess is a little while. PRS have to come up with a piezo in a trem option (people can have those in a Floyd Rose, so it's about time for them to come up with something like that) and give more options for Piezo Equipped guitars. A special run of P408 won't be a bad idea nor Artist Package for the 408's, but that's another topic.
P408 for winter NAMM ?!

Of course, I am very new to the world of PRS, but as much as I like the Piezo on my P22 and as much positive feedback as I have read/heard about the Piezo feature, I can't imagine the PRS guys aren't thinking of many ways to take advantage of providing that feature on many other models ...

I think I have seen at least two private stock 408's already that have the piezo... I saw one at the Arlington show this weekend. I didn't get a picture, and I don't know the exact specs, but it had a third mini-toggle that I assume was a piezo. I know I have seen pics and specs of another PS with 408 pickups and a piezo.

ee8993a6.jpg

SPECIAL RUN! P408 Limited!

NOW WE ARE GETTING SOMEWHERE! That's a Beauty TIM. :D

Mike is that the one you saw or is there one more out in the wild!?

So I wonder if somebody like Willcutt or Brent at the TGS will do a "special run" of the "P408 Limited" ? ;)
If they do DIBBS - Old style Birds, Faded Blue Jean or Frostbite with flame maple neck please! :santa:

Last edited:
I thought there was one other PS with piezo from one of the regular PS guys over on VR, but I couldn't find a pic... the one I saw in Arlington had the regular PS/Siggy Ltd switch layout, but with a third mini-switch in line with the other two.

If they don't have a 408 with Piezo by Winter NAMM, I will quote a SC 408 with Piezo with the Private Stock guys. but I think the P408 would be a Home Run

A 408 with a piezo would cross too many boundaries and affect the sales of a few different models, as well as Private Stock so I don't think we'll see it happen. Trust me, I hate to say that but if it happened there would be very little reason for the P22/24 to exist and would probably hurt HB sales a lot as well.

A 408 with a piezo would cross too many boundaries and affect the sales of a few different models, as well as Private Stock so I don't think we'll see it happen. Trust me, I hate to say that but if it happened there would be very little reason for the P22/24 to exist and would probably hurt HB sales a lot as well.

I see what you mean, but P22 and P24 should decrease the sales of the HB. I got mine SCHB just because I needed a electric guitar with a piezo system. so, some models decrease, other increase. but I think they should do like special runs of those, like HB408 , JA408, P408.
Or finally I found a reason to order a PS instrument...LOL

I see you changed the switch layout. What's where?

Only difference is the placement of the Piezo switch. On the Aqua Violet guitar it's off by itself. On mine it's grouped with the 408 switches.

Only difference is the placement of the Piezo switch. On the Aqua Violet guitar it's off by itself. On mine it's grouped with the 408 switches.

If they ever lift the Travel Restricition at work, I'll be going to STL quite a bit. I need to buy you a beer and hear that guitar! :D
And I want to get over to "Eddie's" ;)

Back