How long before the 594's come with different pickups?

watelessness

Man, i am really stoked about the two-piece bridge and vibtage neck carve, but i am not a fan of the pickups. I have two guitars with 85/15's, one of which i gig, but the 57/15 pickups do not move me at all. How many more years until "the next thing" in pickups comes out?

</whine>

I dunno. Brian was doing these with a 59/09 in the bridge. mA Pete rolled a bunch of pickups through his. I've got a DC594 with Throbak Peter Green's that I'm fond of. I have a SC594 with Klein 59's that are pretty vintage. I've got some Zhangbuckers on order that are a little hotter. I think there have been a couple with 58/15 regulars in them too

I dunno. Brian was doing these with a 59/09 in the bridge. mA Pete rolled a bunch of pickups through his. I've got a DC594 with Throbak Peter Green's that I'm fond of. I have a SC594 with Klein 59's that are pretty vintage. I've got some Zhangbuckers on order that are a little hotter. I think there have been a couple with 58/15 regulars in them too

I'll be very surprised if you don't love those Zhangbuckers, too... Hehehe... o_O:D

Version 2 of the 58/15 LT is supposed to be coming out a little later this year, maybe by summer. We’ll have to see what that is like. I can say though, it must depend on the amp you use. If I play the 58/15 LTs through a modern high gain amp, I have no problem getting good metal out of them. In fact, they are actually nice, since the lower output allows for more nuance at normal amp gain levels compared to some other higher output options. I can see where playing through a vintage amp without a boost or overdrive pedal may be an issue.

Any additional info on the next version of the 58/15 LT's? Very curious about that. I distinctly like lower output humbuckers, so I hope Paul doesn't venture too far from that camp.

I have a 335 Historic with low-output MHS pups and they are extremely dynamic (punchy) compared to PAF's I've owned, which I'd characterize as more muscular but compressed and less overall tonal range. I am new to PRS, but haven't they already covered the gainer side of the spectrum with other current and previous pickup designs? I wonder where Paul would want to take these 58/15 LT's.

Personally I really like the 58/15LTs but I'm old and more into blues and classic rock :)

Back