How is the Silver Sky’s neck?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Isaac cruz, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Isaac cruz

Isaac cruz New Member

Since it seems like it will be a while until there is another version of the Silver Sky, I was thinking about pulling the trigger on one. However, something that concerns me is the neck size. I have no idea what it is and have no way of trying one out. I would appreciate if someone that owns/has played one could share his/her opinion.

I tend to prefer slimmer necks. For example, the 594’s neck is too chunky for me. The wide/fat neck on my 245SE is pretty comfortable, although I wouldnt mind if it was a tad smaller. Typical Fender american or mexican necks work well for me. Wonder how the Silver Sky’s neck compares to those?

2. Opunaesala

Opunaesala New Member

I haven't played one, but it is described as being based on vintage necks. That makes me think it isn't wide, but has some thickness and heft to it.

3. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

It's a tad on the beefier side, for an S type. Not too big, but bigger than you would expect. If you're ok with Wide/Fat, you should be ok with the neck on the SS. It is very comfortable.

FJ4 likes this.
  4. watelessness

watelessness New Member

To me it felt like a '69 neck