How happy are you with scale on PRS SC 245 / Zach Myers ?

JohnGA

For those who have SC 245 and Zach Myers PRS guitars.
How happy are you with 24.5" scale?
I can't decide between 24" of Jaguar, and 24.75" of Les Paul.
So this is nice in between.
How happy you are with 24.5" scale of those models?
Thanks.

Isn't the Les Paul's 24.75" actually 24.5" in reality. The difference being the way that Gibson measures the length

I honestly, have no idea. XD
It would be cool to see if anyone has Les Paul, and any of this two to tell me the difference.
But I was hoping that PRS 24.5 is in between Gibson 24.75 of Les Paul, and Fender Jaguar / Jazzmaster.
If it is in between. I would take it all day long. XD
But if it's like - Same as Gibson 24.75 it's not helpfull then.
But I have honestly no clue.
However, I did have similar issue in past. On bass.
I took measure stuff, I measured for 35" scale. Number showed more then distance for 34".
But for some reason. Bass was declared as 34", not 35". -.-
So this could be true what you are saying so .....

I ask for one future project.
I came to an conclusion that 25.5" is just waaaay too much for me.
So I wanna go something like Les Paul or like Jaguar / Jazzmaster.
I never tried 24" of Jaguar so .....
I did try Les Paul ofc so .....
Really 25.5" is just overkill for my hands. I would prefer something in between this two above.
25.5" is just overkill for me. -.-

It is ever so slightly shorter than Gibson scale. Most Gibsons are actually more like 24 9/16 or 24 5/8. Paul came to 24.594 when he measured.

Some people might notice a difference, but it's not going to be a huge one. 1 or 2 16ths of an inch.

Most of the time scale length is measured by taking the distance from inside of the nut to the center of the 12th fret and multiplying by 2. If you measure the entire string length, some will be longer and others shorter.

.594 to be exact! Sounds familiar...

Always very comfy with the 24.5 and prefer that on SCs to the 25. Very easy to switch back and forth with a LP-alike similar string tension / feel.

I was playing my P245SH on the weekend, 24.5" scale, and was very happy with it! OTOH, I play the 25.5", 25", and 24.594" scale guitars quite happily too. And the 27.7" scale...", etc.

Been playing the Zack Myers for the last 48 hours and shifted to a Gibson scale length guitar, I noticed the difference between them, more of a stretch on the Gibbo scale length.

I guess it comes down to your fingers & hands, if you have large hands or sausage fingers the shorter scale lengths might feel cramped, but if you've got smaller hands/fingers the 24.5 is great.

Though I don't own a 24" scale guitar I do have a Guild M120 acoustic that's 23.75" scale , its fine below the 10th fret but above it and above the 12th on the Zack Myers some of my fingers are wider than the frets and this can cause fretting mistakes until I get used to the guitar again.

My preferred PRS scale and what I did for my PS build (avatar).

I still like 24.594”, 24.75” and 25” lengths too :)

I never seem to get along with 25.5” though :eek:

I find the best thing about the ZM is the satin neck compared to my LP. I can tell a difference in the radius, but I really can't tell a difference in the scale length. Grab a 25.5" guitar and I feel like I have a bass in my hands...LOL.

I will go with 24.5" then. Thanks. ;) Right in between Gibson LP and Fender Jaguar.
It should be great. Thanks. ;)
I was afraid that 24" will be too strange for strings. And I wanna something tiny bit smaller then 24.75.
So this should be cool for me.
Thanks everyone.

Back