How Famous Do I Need To Be...

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
How famous of a guitar player do I need to be to have PRSh build me a guitar to my specs? I mean like the way he worked with John Mayer to come up with the Silver Sky where they came up with a guitar body shape which PRS had never done before.

Yes, I want a PRS guitar, in that I want PRS to build the guitar the way only PRS can build a guitar, but I also want the functionality that I personally enjoy from a guitar body of a different shape. No, there is nothing wrong with the PRS body shape. I have a lot of those and I'm keeping them.

But there is a different body shape that I also like... perhaps even more than the standard PRS shape because I personally find it to be a lot more functional "for me personally". Get it? Does anyone already make a body shape like this? Yes, but I have a lot higher standards these days and no one is currently making this guitar body shape to the high standards which I know I can get only from PRS.

Okay then... I'll say it. I want a PRS version/modification of a Flying V guitar body design.

How famous of a guitar player do I need to be to have PRSh build me a guitar to my specs? I mean like the way he worked with John Mayer to come up with the Silver Sky where they came up with a guitar body shape which PRS had never done before.

Yes, I want a PRS guitar, in that I want PRS to build the guitar the way only PRS can build a guitar, but I also want the functionality that I personally enjoy from a guitar body of a different shape. No, there is nothing wrong with the PRS body shape. I have a lot of those and I'm keeping them.

But there is a different body shape that I also like... perhaps even more than the standard PRS shape because I personally find it to be a lot more functional "for me personally". Get it? Does anyone already make a body shape like this? Yes, but I have a lot higher standards these days and no one is currently making this guitar body shape to the high standards which I know I can get only from PRS.

Okay then... I'll say it. I want a PRS version/modification of a Flying V guitar body design.

I’m with you.
A PRS V would be awesome.

Just imagine a PRS MEV——VEE!!!!

that would be awesome.

Or Billy Gibbons... whoever that is.
Oooh, what does that look like?

Oh, wiat, internet:

66052552582add5a44792aa58db046b3.jpg

My guess is your relationship with the company would have some impact on the decision to fulfill the request. If you were really famous and an ass it might not happen. If you were a somewhat known player and super close, you might get something worked out.

Is this a serious post?

I'm not sure.

Do you want Fender to produce a Firebird? Gibson to take a crack at a Mustang style?

PRS will undoubtably make what ever you desire, for a price.

I have seen YouTube videos of a guy who has a one of a kind special order PRS that's like nothing I've seen, and he personally told me it was a special order, but wouldn't say how much.

They will accommodate whatever you want, if it's profitable just one time.

Is this a serious post?

I'm not sure.

Do you want Fender to produce a Firebird? Gibson to take a crack at a Mustang style?

PRS will undoubtably make what ever you desire, for a price.

I have seen YouTube videos of a guy who has a one of a kind special order PRS that's like nothing I've seen, and he personally told me it was a special order, but wouldn't say how much.

They will accommodate whatever you want, if it's profitable just one time.

Yes. I've owned a lot of V's made by a lot of different manufacturers, so I am very familiar with the many subtle differences in the specs and feel of all of them. So far, my favorite is the 2019 Gibson Flying V. So far as I can tell, that is the only year where all the proverbial planets aligned just right where all the best specs of any V thus far were all applied to a single model year. (Note: Small Cryogenically treated frets instead of medium or jumbo frets is one of those many very tiny but important details.)
http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2019/USA/Flying-V-2019.aspx

So I already have one of these? Now what? I will never have a V any better than this? I know Gibson will never build a V any better than this, but I can imagine that a V even better than this is certainly possible. How about a V with a 24.594 inch scale length neck, bookmatched carved flame Maple top with a natural edge, 85/15 pickups with Custom 24-08 wiring? Do you think Gibson will ever do that? Do you think I should just shut up and be happy with the one Gibby I have now? No, I want to be able to have my cake and eat it too.

At least instafamous or a decent YouTube cult following....I mean “subscribers”

I've already thought of that. A week or two ago I registered a new domain name and there will certainly be a future YouTube Channel to go along with it.

There's also the issue that Gibson is suing the living heck out of anyone making a V these days, and it's probably best to wait for the suits to settle. If PRS had already been making a V before the lawsuits started, they'd have a stronger position than if they started now. I know they won the Singlecut suit, but it was still time consuming and I'd guess somewhat expensive as well. It's one of the several reasons I avoid Gibsons.

The Flying V repeats the body shape into its headstock.

Maybe PRS could do the opposite - create a body shape based on their headstock outline?

If I had more time, I'd mock one up, but I'm slow at that. Pretty sure someone here can do it in the time it took me to type this post.

Literally LOL. Carlos/Howard/Peter/John famous. Because you could afford to collaborate with PRS. Otherwise, the average joe has the PS route, where dreams are dreams and the sky is the limit, just so your pockets are just as deep as the sky is limitless.

Back