How do your guitars travel?

OsirisProtocol

10 o'Clubs
So for those of us who gig out, travel to jam sessions or just take our guitars out for a nice walk in the park every once in a while how do you travel with your beloved instruments? Hard case, gigbag, flight case or a combination of the lot?

Starting off I personally prefer hardcases but they can be a bit cumbersome to travel with constantly. That said I love the original PRS hardcases but I find them too heavy to haul around all the time so I keep mine at home. I use a SKB-56 Singlecut hardshell case for my SCT when I just need to move a guitar around for rehearsal time. For gigs I bring out my Monocase M80 Dual so I can haul two guitars around plus all the other small pieces of gear I need in one case and still have my hands free for other gear.

Generally in a hard case - I have an extra standard black case just for this purpose, as nearly all my PRS guitars are McCarty based. I do have a high quality gig bag too, which I use occasionally.

Hard case.
I mostly travel with a hollow body because I find it very versatile and the case is quite compact - not to mention the white 25th anniversary looks quite nice checking into a hotel.

Depends on the situation. If I'm going out for an actual gig and other people will be handling my guitars maybe then I use the hardshell case but if I'm just going over to a friends to jam or do some recording I will use my PRS gig bag.

Hard shell that it came in. If I toured a lot, I'd do an ata case. Gig bags scare me unless I didn't have anything else in transport. A guy I know snapped his headstock in a gig bag...probably poor packing of vehicle but still- I'd rather not risk it.

Back