How do I get the MT-15 in stereo?

Bizarre

I have a 4/12 ADA split stack for my old Ada microtube power amp and went to the Mt 15 and I am very happy with the sound,Very nice but is there an alternative to buying another Mt 15 to get stereo? Is there a box or unit ,anyway I can send that mono signal out and hear my stereo effects coming out of my right/left split stack ?

Hi Bizarre,
The only way to get stereo is to either buy another mt-15 or buy a stereo power amp and run into your mt-15 and then send a stereo signal from your effects to each input of the amp. Of course you would need a dummy load for the mt-15.
And true stereo requires a wet-Left-mono middle-wet-Right set up.

Hi Bizarre,
The only way to get stereo is to either buy another mt-15 or buy a stereo power amp and run into your mt-15 and then send a stereo signal from your effects to each input of the amp. Of course you would need a dummy load for the mt-15.
And true stereo requires a wet-Left-mono middle-wet-Right set up.

Thank you for the reply.

Ok so I wasn't familiar with "dummy load" because I never used or needed one. So to make sure I understand this,are you saying I'd only be using the preamp of the MT 15 and running the effects return into the other power amp and shutting down the power amp of the Mt 15 with the dummy load? Looks like I can get a dummy load on the cheap and I already have an ADA stereo power amp . Please correct me if I misunderstood anything but if not, isn't this kind of a big compromise on sound since I wouldn't be using the power amp from the Mt 15?

Yes, unless you get another cab for the middle-mono output.
This is a really cool idea honestly I never even considered this but I probably will try another cabinet and have a mono channel,I'm guessing this would not only keep the raw full sound in the center but any difference in the stereo amp using the same preamp wouldn't make enough difference to notice and I imagine this would sound quite awesome!
Thank you .. and what about balancing the difference in volumes between the two different amps,is there any better way than to just gauge it by hearing it? Something to equalize the volumes to match ?

Yes, unless you get another cab for the middle-mono output.
So Clay, do I just have to do the volume balancing act between the MT-15 and the other power amp or is there a more convenient way that I could optimize all my levels and then have one master volume that runs them all?

Back