How Do I Add an Image to a Thread?

Marty Canaday

We are and become what we do!
I want to add an image of my guitar to a thread. I click on the Image icon and a dialogue box appears asking for the URL to my picture. The picture resides an item on my desktop. The image only has a filename. There is no URL. So, how do I add the image from my desktop to a thread on the Forum?

I want to add an image of my guitar to a thread. I click on the Image icon and a dialogue box appears asking for the URL to my picture. The picture resides an item on my desktop. The image only has a filename. There is no URL. So, how do I add the image from my desktop to a thread on the Forum?

You have to upload them to a photo hosting site like Imgur, Flickr, Google Pics, etc, first. Then you can link them from that site. So, for example, if you use Imgur you upload the pic. Once it's uploaded, you open the pic. It opens with a series of links. Click on the one that says "BB Code". Gomtomyour thread, right click, paste. You don't need to use the Image button on the thread tool bar.

You have to upload them to a photo hosting site like Imgur, Flickr, Google Pics, etc, first. Then you can link them from that site. So, for example, if you use Imgur you upload the pic. Once it's uploaded, you open the pic. It opens with a series of links. Click on the one that says "BB Code". Gomtomyour thread, right click, paste. You don't need to use the Image button on the thread tool bar.

Hey, thanks for info about Imgur. I've never heard of it. It was a piece of cake to upload the file. Your instructions were spot on!

With gratitude, Marty

I'm such a computer idiot that it took me a year or so to get that down. I still had to have my hand held.

I think you're doing it wrong.

What am I supposed to do - stick them up my butt?

testtoday.gif

Back