How did you discover PRSi?

PRSi were never on my radar, ever. That is until I visited home in Dallas in late 2004, first visit back since moving. I was gifted one by my lady who really didn't know guitars, or gear but saw me playing one in the Dallas Central GC. She saw me fending off the salesman who was going on and on about coil tapping and I didn't need another guitar after this one, as if... He left, came back with the case, the candy and all, and I said, wait a minute, I didn't suggest that I was buying this one.."No, but she did".. I look over and she's proudly waving the receipt around... It went to the hotel that night and eventually home to Hawaii...

PRSi were never on my radar, ever. That is until I visited home in Dallas in late 2004, first visit back since moving. I was gifted one by my lady who really didn't know guitars, or gear but saw me playing one in the Dallas Central GC. She saw me fending off the salesman who was going on and on about coil tapping and I didn't need another guitar after this one, as if... He left, came back with the case, the candy and all, and I said, wait a minute, I didn't suggest that I was buying this one.."No, but she did".. I look over and she's proudly waving the receipt around... It went to the hotel that night and eventually home to Hawaii...

You need to marry that woman

You'll never need another guitar after this one.

What an idiot.

Even if you had one of every guitar ever made from every year, do you have one in every color? No. Therefore, you need more guitars.

"You'll never need another guitar after you buy this one".

Oh, you think I'm stupid? Or you just don't like getting future sales commissions? Idiot

What an idiot.
Even if you had one of every guitar ever made from every year, do you have one in every color? No. Therefore, you need more guitars.
Oh, you think I'm stupid? Or you just don't like getting future sales commissions? Idiot

I feel like such a failure as a player. I really don't feel this way. :oops::oops::oops:

I understand it......I just don't live it.

I feel like such a failure as a player. I really don't feel this way. :oops::oops::oops:

I understand it......I just don't live it.

What? Where did this come from?

Dude, I'm a horrible guitarist. Have you noticed: I don't post clips of my playing. There's a reason for that. I started playing in 04, and I'm still a beginner

I was quoting that salesman by the way. I'm really confused by your comment
I have never heard you play. I wasn't trying to insult anybody's playing. I would never insult anybody's playing.

I'm an ******* but, not that bad.

I really hope you didn't get insulted by my comment there. I think something got crossed somewhere.

What? Where did this come from?

Dude, I'm a horrible guitarist. Have you noticed: I don't post clips of my playing. There's a reason for that. I started playing in 04, and I'm still a beginner

I was quoting that salesman by the way. I'm really confused by your comment
I have never heard you play. I wasn't trying to insult anybody's playing. I would never insult anybody's playing.

I'm an ******* but, not that bad.

I really hope you didn't get insulted by my comment there. I think something got crossed somewhere.

:p:p:p

I'm talking about the "need more guitars" and the perpetual GAS attacks. I feel like a failure because I don't feel the need to own ALL THE GUITARS!!!! lol

:p:p:p

I'm talking about the "need more guitars" and the perpetual GAS attacks. I feel like a failure because I don't feel the need to own ALL THE GUITARS!!!! lol

You're not human.

Call the Chair Force and Area 51, people! We have an escaped alien among us!!

I do not know of this 'state' - you will have to explain it...

I have come to realise though, that 'new' gear can sometimes satiate that rhythmic thumping ache that Desire, that GAS builds up to. However, I have also come to realise that thumping rhythmic beat of GAS can often be mistaken for a pulse or for a 'heart' beat and as such, the only time I won't have GAS will be the time that pulse, that beat stops...

I am sure that everyone has 'GAS' or a derivative of it. Whether its Guitars/Gear that the majority of us here seem to be afflicted with or video games/gaming that others may have. Whether its a 'physical' affliction, the need/desire to obtain physical objects - like guitars, video games, pedals, make-up, shoes etc or something else - like collecting memories of travelling - wanting to visit landmarks, places of interest - things that aren't physical objects.

Point is, I am certain that everyone has GAS or one of its derivatives. We obviously have GAS for Guitars or Gear and a Video Gamer may also have GAS for Gear or Games. Gear could mean anything, Shoes, Handbags, Make-up etc or Guitars, Pedals, Amps etc. Those looking for experiences, memories etc may not fall into the 'physical' derivation but are no less afflicted, still have an Acquisition Syndrome too. They still have that 'beat', that pulse and eventually have to give in to it and go on holiday, travel etc.

Retail Therapy can help to keep this Acquisition Syndrome (whether you are buying something physical or not - you are still buying the means to obtain the experience/memory) at bay, keep it down to a 'steady' beat but there is no cure! It can change, morph into a different variation of GAS and you could have GAS for multiple things - like Games and Guitars, like Handbags and Shoes.

Therefore. the only time you cannot have GAS is when that 'beat' stops entirely...

It was around the year 2000 I believe. I had recently moved to Danbury CT and discovered that at the end of my road was a music store called East Coast Music Mall (yes, of Ed Roman infamy). I went in looking for who knows what, had only been playing a couple years by that point. The sales guy pointed me in the direction of this new guitar model called a Santana SE. Hello PRS, nice to meet you. I bought it.

East Coast was the place in '95 where my CE22 was purchased.

Had driven down Rte 84W and blew out a right rear tire on my recently purchased Mazda hatch on the way to East Coast. Had to change to a donut on the highway, then back up the highway to the off-ramp where a tire shop had a replacement. Away from home, no phone to call AAA, walking up the highway to the off-ramp and a gas station for a lug wrench to change the tire. Returned the lug wrench promptly but limped down the road on the donut to the tire/wheels shop. I realize you're not supposed to back up on the highway, but had no choice since the next off-ramp was 2 miles away and no tire shop there.

The used car dealer the Mazda was purchased from got an earful from me because the tire blowout raised rim with my wheel alignment and balance. The dealership kindly realigned and balanced the wheels no charge the following week.

Although the tire replacement set me back $95, had traded in my Peavey Classic 50W 2x12 and LP Silverburst, and put the rest of the CE22 on a credit card. I remember it well, the CE22 was $1499, one of the least expensive PRSi that was on display. The tortoise shell had this nice non-10 finish, and it looked good. Played nicely as well.

I have come to realise though, that 'new' gear can sometimes satiate that rhythmic thumping ache that Desire, that GAS builds up to. However, I have also come to realise that thumping rhythmic beat of GAS can often be mistaken for a pulse or for a 'heart' beat and as such, the only time I won't have GAS will be the time that pulse, that beat stops...

I am sure that everyone has 'GAS' or a derivative of it. Whether its Guitars/Gear that the majority of us here seem to be afflicted with or video games/gaming that others may have. Whether its a 'physical' affliction, the need/desire to obtain physical objects - like guitars, video games, pedals, make-up, shoes etc or something else - like collecting memories of travelling - wanting to visit landmarks, places of interest - things that aren't physical objects.

Point is, I am certain that everyone has GAS or one of its derivatives. We obviously have GAS for Guitars or Gear and a Video Gamer may also have GAS for Gear or Games. Gear could mean anything, Shoes, Handbags, Make-up etc or Guitars, Pedals, Amps etc. Those looking for experiences, memories etc may not fall into the 'physical' derivation but are no less afflicted, still have an Acquisition Syndrome too. They still have that 'beat', that pulse and eventually have to give in to it and go on holiday, travel etc.

Retail Therapy can help to keep this Acquisition Syndrome (whether you are buying something physical or not - you are still buying the means to obtain the experience/memory) at bay, keep it down to a 'steady' beat but there is no cure! It can change, morph into a different variation of GAS and you could have GAS for multiple things - like Games and Guitars, like Handbags and Shoes.

Therefore. the only time you cannot have GAS is when that 'beat' stops entirely...

Get on this dude's level. This man is a genius.

East Coast was the place in '95 where my CE22 was purchased.

Had driven down Rte 84W and blew out a right rear tire on my recently purchased Mazda hatch on the way to East Coast. Had to change to a donut on the highway, then back up the highway to the off-ramp where a tire shop had a replacement. Away from home, no phone to call AAA, walking up the highway to the off-ramp and a gas station for a lug wrench to change the tire. Returned the lug wrench promptly but limped down the road on the donut to the tire/wheels shop. I realize you're not supposed to back up on the highway, but had no choice since the next off-ramp was 2 miles away and no tire shop there.

The used car dealer the Mazda was purchased from got an earful from me because the tire blowout raised rim with my wheel alignment and balance. The dealership kindly realigned and balanced the wheels no charge the following week.

Although the tire replacement set me back $95, had traded in my Peavey Classic 50W 2x12 and LP Silverburst, and put the rest of the CE22 on a credit card. I remember it well, the CE22 was $1499, one of the least expensive PRSi that was on display. The tortoise shell had this nice non-10 finish, and it looked good. Played nicely as well.

The tire blowout raised rim with my alignment and balance

Speaking professionally, that statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Tires should ALWAYS be replaced in axle pairs unless the vehicle is AWD/4WD/4x4, in which case, all 4 must be replaced together for reasons too lengthy to explain here on this forum. (DM is open if you'd like a full explanation.)

Tires should automatically get balanced when they are replaced or when a flat is repaired.

I've worked for many places that didn't allow me to rebalance a tire after fixing a flat.

I'm going to cut it off here. Bottom line, I hate stories like this because the customer gets screwed. Hard.

</Rant>

On the flip side, at least you were able to off-load the Peavy. That's always a good thing.

Even better, you got a PRS out of it.

How did you find PRS?
A long, long time ago, I can still remember, how the music used to make me smile.....
Put my ear to the wall, then like a distant scream
I heard one guitar, just blew me away
I saw stars in my eyes, and the very next day
Bought a beat up six string, in a secondhand store
Didn't know how to play it, but i knew for sure
That one guitar, felt good in my hands, didn't take long, to understand....that I had to have PRS. Took about 12 years to finally get one. Now I have 2.

A long, long time ago, I can still remember, how the music used to make me smile.....
Put my ear to the wall, then like a distant scream
I heard one guitar, just blew me away
I saw stars in my eyes, and the very next day
Bought a beat up six string, in a secondhand store
Didn't know how to play it, but i knew for sure
That one guitar, felt good in my hands, didn't take long, to understand....that I had to have PRS. Took about 12 years to finally get one. Now I have 2.

I read that in the melody from American Pie

What an idiot.

Yeah, my douch meter was off the scale and he was actually making me want to put it down and walk away, but I was enthralled with the guitar. He was trying to make a sale,nothing more, going on and on about his band and how he used one every night and blah blah. It was turning me off and I was glad he walked away.. then he came back with the stuff as I said and I thought he was pushing real hard until he mentioned her behind me at the counter...

I didn't discover PRS. PRS discovered me. I was traveling and had a day to kill. Went to GC to play LP's. There was an Emerald Green Cu24AP that wouldn't let me leave without her. I had no idea what it was when I bought it. I just knew she was for me. Still feels the same after 13 years.

Oh, I'm not wholly immune to it.....just not as affected as some I know. I tend to want very specific instruments for very specific uses. I've sold instruments that I was really attached to because I wasn't using them. It may be that I'm a bass player.......we're the stable ones in the band. :cool: I just don't get the guys that have 39 P-basses that basically all do the exact same thing.

Back