How can I identify a Custom Color?

Stoptail22

El PRSidente
This is my 2012 PRS Studio, the MODCAT says it has a Custom Color:

full

And this is my 2009 PRS Mira X with a Custom Color, too.

full

Can anybody identify these colors or give me some advice how to retrieve the info?

Looks like Blue Crab Blue with a smokeburst to me on the first one. Possibly teal with a smoked burst.

2nd looks like it could be Catalina Dream.

Sorry, but the the second one is by no way Catalina Dream, which is a metallic color, and the guitar has not a metallic finish.

I've emailed PRS about my custom color and they just say it's a sprayers choice finish and that's that. So I just named the color myself!

Could be Abalone smokeburst on the first and Abalone on the second. My first thought was Blue Slate smokeburst like ViperDoc said.

The Studio is Faded Abalone Smokeburst, no doubt cause I have a guitar in that color. Very hard to photo. It came out in about 2012 and was an experience color and a limited artist pack color, then no more. Google PRS Faded Abalone Smokeburst and look at the images. Again, keep in mind this color is hard to photo and looks different in different lighting.

Sorry, but the the second one is by no way Catalina Dream, which is a metallic color, and the guitar has not a metallic finish.

Googled the colour, looks like it could be Catalina Dream, honestly. And who knows better about PRS than Brian?

Bingo! Faded Abalone Smokeburst nails it! This photo is from https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/modified-monday.10374/page-2#post-162325. Thanks to @Tosca for posting it.

A924445F-FE50-4571-9AB7-5D8A8B098DBC-2198-000000F86B79FFC8_zps6ee5b868.jpg

Again, any ideas about the Mira X?

You’re welcome. Forgive me, I’m a little color blind sometimes, but your studio looks more like blue crab blue to me as well... but it could be the lighting. The pic of my Faded Abalone SB HB2 is true to what she looks like in person (except she has black rings and switch tip now)...so if that matches yours in person, that’s what you got.

Blue Crab Blue has no black ("Smokeburst") border. The finish on Tosca's pic is the perfect clone of mine.

Blue Crab Blue has no black ("Smokeburst") border. The finish on Tosca's pic is the perfect clone of mine.
Smoke burst can be added to any color stain or finish. So it could be BCB Smokeburst :)

Back