How are the SE Soapbar II's?

doublescale1

doublescale1
I know what you mean - I found this on the wall of a local indie store for $199.00 used - but imperceptibly played - no pick marks on it anywhere. I put an old set of Dimarzion Virtual P90's I had in a drawer in it for quiet operation. It's a great guitar with a great neck that makes the most out of the basic Mahogany Slab formula.
Jvx6ybH.jpg

Matte82

I have an SE sc245 soapbar that is a great guitar. I can’t comment on the stock pickups though. The original owner had already put bare knuckles pickups in it. I think the Nantucket’s. Sounds really good. I may however sell it. I’ve also got a McCarty soapbar, and 594 sc soapbar. So it doesn’t get played as much as it should.

Last edited:

AP515

Mostly Normal
Looks like I'm late to this thread. I bought an SE Soapy II and later got a McCarty soapbar. The SE sounded better so I sold the McCarty. I have since found another McCarty that edges out the SE but the SE still gets respect. If you haven't already, buy it.

dmatthews

Dave's not here...
Looks like I'm late to this thread. I bought an SE Soapy II and later got a McCarty soapbar. The SE sounded better so I sold the McCarty. I have since found another McCarty that edges out the SE but the SE still gets respect. If you haven't already, buy it.
^^^Listen to this guy^^^
My 594 soapy is all his fault!:cool: