How are the SE Soapbar II's?

Birdsofprey

All Birds that Fly.
I’ve had both the Singlecut and double cut SE soapy’s there great but have been replaced with a McCarty Standard Soapbar. Still very worthy and as stated above no changes needed.

rpoce24

How do they match up against one of he G brands P90 offerings, that sell used in the $800 to $1000 range? Part of me just wants a guitar that sounds good, but I can play hard, and if I ding it up I would not be crushed.

garrett

How do they match up against one of he G brands P90 offerings, that sell used in the $800 to $1000 range? Part of me just wants a guitar that sounds good, but I can play hard, and if I ding it up I would not be crushed.

I was in a similar position years ago and wanted something cheap but good with P-90's. Already a PRS fan, the Soapbar II was an easy call. I modded the heck out of it, which turned out to be almost completely unnecessary, because those guitars rock!

I thought of mine like an ergonomic SG and it pretty much sounded like one, too. The neck on mine was a monster, but still very playable. I really don't think you'd gain anything buying a cheaper Gibby.

doublescale1

doublescale1
Here's my SE Soapbar II I found for $200.00 used at a local indie music shop - I had a set of old Dimarzio Virtual P90's in a drawer so I put them in to quiet the guitar down, I might go for some newer noiseless P90's one day, but I'd be approaching doubling what I paid for it in the first place (unless I can find a good deal used for maybe some Fralin Noiseless P90's) - the neck is a treat to get around on, the frets, fit&finish all perfect - just a great knock around guitar to play.
Jvx6ybH.jpg

rpoce24

I see a few listed mainly in the 600 to 800 range. I have found one down as low as $400, but not sure of the condition based on the photos.

I saw a review saying these were almost $1000 when new, is that true?

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
I see a few listed mainly in the 600 to 800 range. I have found one down as low as $400, but not sure of the condition based on the photos.

Pretty sure about half that. I’d like a SE singlecut soapie but people usually want new prices, which is why I don’t have one.

sergiodeblanc

Don’t you ever cry again for the rest of your life

Pretty sure about half that. I’d like a SE singlecut soapie but people usually want new prices, which is why I don’t have one.
Yeah, @vchizzle is right. Pretty sure they were $599

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
Used prices are not what they were 2 years ago.
Yeah, I’d pay close to new price now if frets were good probably. Even a decade ago I’d not see them at reasonable prices for the time. There’s one in Malaysia I like but with shipping that’s jacking up the price too high and it’s already at $550. I’d just go a different route at that price.

dmatthews

Dave's not here...
Yeah, I’d pay close to new price now if frets were good probably. Even a decade ago I’d not see them at reasonable prices for the time. There’s one in Malaysia I like but with shipping that’s jacking up the price too high and it’s already at $550. I’d just go a different route at that price.
There's one on ebay for 399 I think it's US based