How are prices determined?

Hotrod

Hello all...New to the forum due to the fact I have been looking at some PRS models...Specifically the McCarty58...Beautiful workmanship quality components nice tone..however is this so different then other name brand manufactures?...I own several guitars Just trying to wrap my head around the whole thing.

Last edited:
I believe pricing other than in broad terms is a "No No" here... but

I don't see that "Suggested Retail" very different from a somewhat comparable guitar from another manufacturer - In fact I find the PRS stuff a better value when you look at the end product. Go look at "suggested Retail" on a Gibson 1959 reissue, or a flame top Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster ( I have owned both, so I'm familiar with their pricing).

I think you might find a better answer over on the Vintage Rocker Forums where we could discuss price directly. But I think you'd be better have a specific guitar to compare against the '58 ;)

4. Dealers, Distributors and Forum Member Sales
The PRS Forum is an information and communication site only. Please do not post items for sale or discuss retail or wholesale pricing of any kind. If you'd like to post a classified ad, there are many established websites and forums that support gear sales.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;26623 said:
4. Dealers, Distributors and Forum Member Sales
The PRS Forum is an information and communication site only. Please do not post items for sale or discuss retail or wholesale pricing of any kind. If you'd like to post a classified ad, there are many established websites and forums that support gear sales.

Nuke my post if I'm out of line.... ;)
(Frankly I did think the thread would last long... ;) )

Last edited:
Back