How about some PRS Bass love?!..

My only PRS bass:

Hey, @11top . I was browsing for info on PRS basses (more about that next week, maybe), when I saw this post. Are my eyes going weird, or is the first photo not quite the same bass as the rest of the photos below, since it has only 4 strings? The quilt top is very very close, but I can see mild differences. PS sisters?

I've been on this forum for a while and it's about time we create a proper thread for the bass guitars that PRS makes. Unless there is a really old thread that I couldn't find, then I apologize...
I started my musical endeavors on the bass when I was 12 years old, so I've always had a soft spot for them.
I personally think that the newer grainger basses are some of the finest instruments both visually and sonically on the market today. And although I've yet to own one, I've played a few and came incredibly close to purchasing a 4 string in faded whale blue w/maple neck. My next purchase will be a grainger bass, as I'm pretty much covered in the guitar department ( aside from a possible SE Holcomb which I will snatch up if/when they come out)
So Let's see your PRS basses, past or present. American or SE's! Or maybe you have a pic of one you don't own, but really like. Let's show some well deserved love on this forum and who knows, maybe we will see an S2 series bass in the future...

Here is the only PRS bass I currently own, and it's a special one!
1986-87 4 string in Pearl Magenta finish
Brazilian board
Moon inlays
The knobs are not original which really bum me out...but that's the way I bought it
image_zpslmovnezz.jpeg

image_zpsbwl6sw46.jpeg

image_zps8jkk9dlc.jpeg

image_zps2si1upnw.jpeg

image_zps6hl4srok.jpeg

WHOAAAAAAAAA HFS DUDE THATS AWESOME!!! I never even considered magenta pearl being available on a Bass. Top knobs are just Dimarzio speed knobs IIRC, but later PRS speed knobs would look just the same The bottom ones are findable eventually too I would think, they were from a hifi shop. The lower knobs will be a little more challenging but I bet they had to be an off the shelf sort of OEM hifi part in the 80s.

My only PRS bass:

:drool:

Back