How about some humor?

...you're about to be ravished."

"Oh, my!" thinks the nun. So the nun hurriedly gathers her suitcases and waddles further down the concourse.

Suddenly, a hand reaches out from a utility closet and pulls her in. There is some clatter, some excited cries, then, silence. The closet door opens. The suitcases are tossed out, one at a time. Pheeeeew. Thunk. Pheeeew. Thunk. Then the nun, unceremoniously, landing on her keister. Thunk.

Visibly perplexed and a bit upset, the nun dusts herself off, gathers her suitcases, waddles back over...

in lieu of a downvote, have my complete absence of laughter regarding an overweight (haha?) chaste (haha?) woman (haha?) being raped.

*A loud pounding on the door awakened a man and his wife at 3:00 am. The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push.

"Not a chance," says the husband, "It's 3:00 in the morning!" He slams the door and returns to bed.

"Who was that?" asked his wife..."Just some drunk guy asking for a push," he answers. "Did you help him?" she asks.

"No, I did not, it's 3:00 in the morning and it's freakin' pouring rain out there!"

"Well, you have a short memory," says his wife. "Can't you remember about three months ago when our car broke down, and those two guys helped us? I think you should help him, and you should be ashamed of yourself! God loves drunk people, too, you know."

The man does as he is told, gets dressed, and goes out into the yard. He calls out into the dark, "Hello, are you still there?

"Yes," comes back the answer.

"Do you still need a push?" calls out the husband.

"Yes, please!" comes the reply from the dark.

"Where are you?" asks the husband.

"Over here on the swing," replied the drunk.

A rookie cop pulls over a biker for speeding. “May I see your driver's license and registration please?”

“Officer, I don' have one, it was suspended after my fifth DUI.”

“And registration for this vehicle?”

“Don't have one sir, I stole it.”

“This motorcycle is stolen?”

“Yes sir, but I think I saw the registration in the tool bag when I put my gun in there.”

“There's a gun in the tool bag?”

“Yes sir, I put it there after I killed the owner of this bike, and then I stuffed his drugs in the saddle bags.”

“There's drugs in the saddle bags?”

“Yes sir.”

The rookie cop calls his captain, and within minutes they are surrounded by squad cars. The captain approaches the biker and says, “Can I see your driver’s license?”

“Certainly sir.” (Hands him his valid license.)

And, “Who's motorcycle is this?”

“It's mine sir, here's the registration.”

“Would you mind if we opened your tool bag to show if there's a gun in it?’

“Certainly sir, but there is no gun in it.” (There wasn't)

“Would you mind opening your saddle bags?” (He did, and there were no drugs inside.)

The Captain says, “What's going on here? I was told that you had a gun and drugs in your saddle bags.”

The biker says, “Did the original officer tell you that? I'll bet he told you I had been speeding too...”

A guy walks into a bar and takes a seat. Before he can order a beer, the bowl of pretzels in front of him says "Hey, you're a handsome fellow."

The man tries to ignore the bowl of pretzels, and orders a fine Pilsner beer. The bowl of pretzels then says "Ooooh, a pilsner, great choice. You're a smart man."

Starting to freak out, the guy says to the bartender "Hey what the hell, this bowl of pretzels keeps saying nice things to me!"

Bartender says "Don't worry about it, the pretzels are complimentary."

QBuFEtd.jpg

From 1998, the winning entries for the high school simile and metaphor writing contest. Here are some of the winning entries:

Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two sides gently compressed by a Thigh-Master.

His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.

The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because of his wife's infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a formerly surcharge-free ATM machine.

From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you're on vacation in another city and "Jeopardy" comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of 7:30.

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

They lived in a typical suburban neighborhood with picket fences that resembled Margaret Thatcher's teeth.

The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.

It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.

Back