How about some humor?

KUhorCK.jpg

Mom was doing the laundry and chanced upon her young son's dress trousers. They had dirt and grass stains on them. Mom clenched her jaw in disgust, and then began the laborious task of cleaning the stains.

Her son appeared in the laundry room doorway. Mom turned to see her son standing there, with a sad look on his face, standing there in his underwear.

She was about to let loose with a ton of expletives, but she saw the look on his face, and was taken aback.

"What's the matter, honey? Why so sad?"

"Mom, I...um...I'm sorry...um...I didn't mean to soil my trousers."

Mom was about to respond, but stifled a laugh.

"Honey, why are your good trousers all stained?"

"It's because of MaryJo, the girl in my class? She said that if you dig up flowers for your Mom on Mother's Day, she'll appreciate it." And the son produced from behind his back some shasta daisies and a bunch of weeds.

A tear came to Mom's eye and she said, "Honey, you know I love you, but you didn't need to dig up flowers from my garden for me. A simple card would have been OK. Now, why the dress trousers, instead of your play clothes?"

"Because it wasn't your garden, Mom, it was MaryJo's! And when MaryJo's father came out, he let loose his dog on me. I had to scramble underneath the backyard fence to escape with my life!"

"Well, son, did you think you learned your lesson?"

"Yeah, no friggin' ho' is gonna tell me what to do from now on! I'll dig up flowers wherever I see fit even though I might soil my trousers while doing it! Happy Mother's Day!

Last edited:
During the last part of the iron man competition, the task at hand was lifting a load of bricks onto a flatbed trailer. The advice that was given was that, no, no human has superpowers that would allow them to lift the entire load by themselves. Nevertheless, the competitors poo-pooed this and said "We can do this, just watch!"

So they tried. Not one competitor could lift the load of bricks to its prescribed location. The weakest competitor then had a revelation, though many failed to see his point.

"If you lift the bricks one at a time, maybe 2, you get the job done. Decreased chance of stress and strain, decreased possibility of injury that might cause pain."

So they did. Although many had closed their eyes to what worked, the weakest man had the answer.

"How'd you do that?" asked one strong man. "Simple," said the weak man, "I made it a point to learn from a smarter person than a load of bricks is much too difficult to lift by yourself, but when you think the situation through, you can see the answer. Not as much confusion, better clarity."

"We understand," they said, "What's next?"

The weak man said, "I listen to people who know; I'm not your boy who can tell you what happens next."

"What?" the men shouted, "Are you looking for trouble?"

"No," replied the weak man, "I'm searching just like you are, except I've got my eyes open, which helps when things are unclear to you."

"Are you playing games?" they asked.

"No," said the weak man, "I have a simple plan, like my brother-in-law, Phil, but unlike Phil, my plan just might work."

Back