How about a PTC sub-forum?

Great idea for a new forum. Might make more work for Shawn, though, if he gets a lot of questions.

I have a question, BTW:

Does the PTC or PRS Parts (either one) sell bulk pickup cable so I can replace the too-short cable in some old 3-wire PRS pickups (black, white, red + shield)?

Thanks!

Brett

I agree. PTC sub-forum would allow PRS owners who aren't normally subscribed to a forum the chance to see some of the work that the PTC is capable of.

Baimun said:
I've been tempted to have this (photoshop) done to my custom 22. :p

metalflame.jpg
I really liked the concept. With and Eriza Verde background would be my thing

Hans said:
Here's a project Shawn and the boys cranked out shortly after opening the PTC -- a refin on my semi-hollow 10th Anniversary with early gold 57/08's and a 1-piece Mann Trem.

10thAnnie.jpg

God : How and Where can they find such woods and finish then in a so clever way ... and so FANTASTIC !!!

There is not a day where I stop, on the web, on a PRS saying to myself : whoa this is the most beautiful
I've seen ... and the next day, I find another one ... ...

Knowing that they sound as they look ... GAS !

Fantastic one Hans ;)

Hb :geek:

So my ME Quatro has made its way to the PTC. She is being renished in faded blue jean and getting a tremonti neck carve. She is also getting a ser of 57/08 installed. I think they are a bit creamier than the 53/10, but I'm open to suggestions. Shawn has agreed to send along pictures to put up here so that everyone can see the fantastic work they do. Stay tuned and help me survive 10 weeks without my guitar.

Alongway2go said:
So my ME Quatro has made its way to the PTC. She is being refinished in faded blue jean and getting a tremonti neck carve. She is also getting a set of 57/08 installed. I think they are a bit creamier than the 53/10, but I'm open to suggestions. Shawn has agreed to send along pictures to put up here so that everyone can see the fantastic work they do. Stay tuned and help me survive 10 weeks without my guitar.
I love this. I often wonder why more guys don't use the PTC in this way. You can pick up a guitar that is 90% of what you want and take it the rest of the way with the PTC.

Bravo!

Hans said:
Alongway2go said:
So my ME Quatro has made its way to the PTC. She is being refinished in faded blue jean and getting a tremonti neck carve. She is also getting a set of 57/08 installed. I think they are a bit creamier than the 53/10, but I'm open to suggestions. Shawn has agreed to send along pictures to put up here so that everyone can see the fantastic work they do. Stay tuned and help me survive 10 weeks without my guitar.
I love this. I often wonder why more guys don't use the PTC in this way. You can pick up a guitar that is 90% of what you want and take it the rest of the way with the PTC.

Bravo!

It makes no sense - if you have a guitar that you love, but would like to adjust some things on it, why not have the people who built it make it PERFECT for you rather than begin the hunt for another guitar or just dealing with the things you don't like on your current guitar...

They have been fantastic at helping me figure out exactly what I want. Now if I could get them to extend me a line of credit. Lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, please don't BAN me for asking this, but....

Any chance the PTC would be open to working on OTHER brands of guitars? They do such great work, I'd really like them to do it on some of my "other" guitars as well.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

iahawk36 said:

Any chance the PTC would be open to working on OTHER brands of guitars? They do such great work, I'd really like them to do it on some of my "other" guitars as well.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hahaha

That's like saying to your wife "Honey, I think me dating other people will strengthen our relationship".

Aint gonna happen. :p

Shawn@PRS said:
iahawk36 said:

Hahaha

That's like saying to your wife "Honey, I think me dating other people will strengthen our relationship".

LOL...well played, sir!

Shawn@PRS said:
iahawk36 said:

Hahaha

My wife always says "You never know what you can or can't have unless you ask for it." ;)

You did give the answer I expected Shawn, certainly understandable. Has there been a list compiled, perhaps based upon requests fielded, of things we should simply not bother to ask the PTC for because it is not an offered service. For example, would the PTC entertain a Stainless Steel refret or even a DGT type control layout implementation on a McCarty?
Yes column or No column. Or do you guys want to keep this on a case by case basis.

Thanks Shawn.

Tom

I will be submitting a back home from the PTC post just days from now.......got the call from Shawn today that my CU22 is coming home! DGT frets, new bridge and posts, and a set up like only they can do.........cant wait! :cool:

[quote="tdarianYou did give the answer I expected Shawn, certainly understandable. Has there been a list compiled, perhaps based upon requests fielded, of things we should simply not bother to ask the PTC for because it is not an offered service. For example, would the PTC entertain a Stainless Steel refret or even a DGT type control layout implementation on a McCarty?
Yes column or No column. Or do you guys want to keep this on a case by case basis.

Thanks Shawn.

Tom[/quote]

Hi Tom,

We can do almost anything, but we try not to blur the line between PTC and Private Stock. For example, we won't do custom inlay work or use none-standard inlay material. We can however replace fretboards and install a production board along with the production inlays. For example, we took a board and birds designed for a JA15 and install it on a Custom 22/12. It turned out amazing and I hope to post some photos soon.

If you have any specific questions, please send them my way.

As was mentioned, we won't install rosewood rings supplied from an outside vendor. Most of the time the rings don't fit properly and we must spend a lot of time modifying the rings just to get them to look right.

I have gone back and fourth between 57/08s and 53/10s in my quatro so much that it literally hurts my brain. I even spent five hours in a guitar center playing a ton of conigurations of PRSi. Through the whole wafflefest Sjaun didn't shank me. I think that speaks to the perfessionalism and general good nature of the PTC.

Alongway2go said:
I have gone back and fourth between 57/08s and 53/10s in my quatro so much that it literally hurts my brain. I even spent five hours in a guitar center playing a ton of configurations of PRSi. Through the whole wafflefest Sjaun didn't shank me. I think that speaks to the professionalism and general good nature of the PTC.
Yeah, that Sjuan is a great guy. LOL

Is that pronounced "swan?" :lol:

Back