How about a PTC sub-forum?

Great idea! I have been personally knocked the ef out by the work done at the PTC!

I agree, it would be very interesting to see the repairs and refinishes that are done. It might even increase their business by giving people ideas.

Here is one we did recently for a very special customer. Please excuse the crummy cell phone pics.

Before:
Before.jpg

and after:
after.jpg

I agree it would be a cool sub forum, as long as it doesn't turn into...

"Is my guitar done yet?

Is my guitar done now?

What about now?

Now?

Is my guitar... youknow... done yet?"

:p

Shawn@PRS said:
Here is one we did recently for a very special customer. Please excuse the crummy cell phone pics.

and after:
after.jpg

man this guitar looks so bad ass, lucky bastard!
I am from BRazil, so you know us, can we check the back too?
LOL

I'm really hoping that Shaun and the gang can refinish my quatro in faded blue jean. I'm so fond of that color. It's the guitar finish I always wanted.

Here's a project Shawn and the boys cranked out shortly after opening the PTC -- a refin on my semi-hollow 10th Anniversary with early gold 57/08's and a 1-piece Mann Trem.

10thAnnie.jpg

Hans said:
Here's a project Shawn and the boys cranked out shortly after opening the PTC -- a refin on my semi-hollow 10th Anniversary with early gold 57/08's and a 1-piece Mann Trem.

10thAnnie.jpg

That looks INSAANE!!

Curious though, what was it like before? Was the refin a whole color/tint change, or was it just too many surface blemishes adding up so you decided to reshoot it, or...?????

The Ratchet said:
That looks INSAANE!!

Curious though, what was it like before? Was the refin a whole color/tint change, or was it just too many surface blemishes adding up so you decided to reshoot it, or...?????
It was played well and pretty scratched up. The hardware was pretty worn. It was stripped to the wood and refinished the original color. Then it was set up with new gold hardware.

Back