How about a new CE 24 with a maple neck/board?

MichaelC24

Sucker for Squabbins
Listen, I know that no matter what PRS does(or any company for that matter), there will always be folks that are just not satisfied. They can release a new model with 20 color options, and someone will complain that there isn't enough choice....With that being said, I guess I gotta be that guy and ask why there is no option for maple neck/boards? I am praying for PRS to release a new CE with an all maple neck. I have a 25th anniversary SAS and its one of my favorite guitars. Those birds on a maple neck just look right...and what a great choice that would be for players that prefer maple boards, or want to add a PRS to their stable. I understand that aside from the Brent mason, you can get this option through artist pack/wood library & private stock...but currently there are very few production models with this option. I think PRS needs to start adding this choice to their entire line up. SE, S2 and core, doesnt need to be figured maple either....I guess I'm just curious why this isn't more of an option as it's such commonplace among the market.

I'm totally stuck on the all maple neck, especially the pattern regular with medium jumbo frets. I can understand how many would want this added to the CE line, but I'd think the SAS would be a great choice for those looking for something close to that. The PRS neck, any neck, is the main reason I love them so much, so sure, I would like to see every variety on the CE, but my guess would be this would increase the cost.

The Johnny Hiland was essentially a CE24 with a maple neck and fretboard. You could hunt one of those down and put in 85/15's, and it might hold you over until PRS gets to releasing one.

Back