Hoping This Gets Sorted Out Soon...

Interesting. I swear Brian’s Guitars posted on IG that they can now ship RW worldwide?

That's what I thought, too, when seeing the article...that there was no longer a problem with shipping rosewood.

Who knows, though...policies can (although shouldn't) take longer to be implemented in different regions. Maybe somebody didn't get the memo?

The article did say they were claimed as "clothing" so maybe that was the hold-up. Either way, I hope they get to where they were going soon...like I said, some gorgeous instruments to be sitting in limbo and they can certainly be getting put to better, more meaningful use. :)

Last edited:
"I really didn't know what we were getting, and we take donations from our community frequently," said Wood in an email to CBC News. "I opened one of the boxes and was astonished."

"And for the next 45 minutes, my administrative assistant and I had the best time opening box after box, each one unique and beautiful,"

Not gonna lie....kind of a bit jealous after reading this bit.

Interesting. I swear Brian’s Guitars posted on IG that they can now ship RW worldwide?

I think BRW (Dalbergia nigra) is still restricted as it's still on appendix 1 (along with stuff like live tigers), as it has been since the early '90s. It's sad for the dealer or whoever has lost a lot of money but the students all look so happy so at least some good has come out of it. I suspect the guitars could have been destroyed so all in all a (mostly) happy ending.

Last edited:
I think BRW is still restricted as it's still on appendix 1 (along with stuff like live tigers), as it has been since the early '90s. It's sad for the dealer or whoever has lost a lot of money but the students all look so happy so at least some good has come out of it. I suspect the guitars could have been destroyed so all in all a (mostly) happy ending.

As I started to read your post, but pictured a large bonfire, like they do with ivory and suck (edit such) like. And I thought, well at least that didn’t happen.

So +1

Last edited:
As I started to read your post, but pictured a large bonfire, like they do with ivory and suck like. And I thought, well at least that didn’t happen.

So +1
I think we ought to see if they accept overseas students so we can set up a UK branch. They can then ship us a couple of guitars.... What do you mean 'What about CITES?" Nah, we can tell them to pretend it's a bag of clothes. What could possibly go wrong? [Visions of Alnus and CW in jail...]

I think we ought to see if they accept overseas students so we can set up a UK branch. They can then ship us a couple of guitars.... What do you mean 'What about CITES?" Nah, we can tell them to pretend it's a bag of clothes. What could possibly go wrong? [Visions of Alnus and CW in jail...]

As long as they allow (us) to join the guitar class “jailhouse rock” style!

Last edited:
Back