Hopes for releases this year?

Me too! A Hondo II LP copy with bolt-on neck in 1984. I still look for that model on Reverb... might just buy one for old times’ sake :)
PH7pJLM.jpg

To us poor teenagers, that was a Les Paul! LOL

I remember the local music store having an Epi Les Paul black beauty when I was a Junior and I wanted that guitar BADLY!!! But it was out of my price range and I couldn't swing that at the time. That would have cut too deeply into my buzzfund.

I always hope for more 24 fret singlecut builds, and not just from the SE line and the occasional private stock that's not so readily accessible (been that way for a very long time). Apart from that, the same but as 7 string guitars.

Regarding amps, after seeing other competitors with other nice built in features like IR loaders, attenuators, gates, etc, I think it would be cool if PRS decided to follow suit with their stuff.

I always hope for more 24 fret singlecut builds, and not just from the SE line and the occasional private stock that's not so readily accessible (been that way for a very long time). Apart from that, the same but as 7 string guitars.

Regarding amps, after seeing other competitors with other nice built in features like IR loaders, attenuators, gates, etc, I think it would be cool if PRS decided to follow suit with their stuff.
I actually asked Paul if he would ever consider doing stuff like that! (concerning amps) and I was saying "Would you ever consider making solid state amps or pedals to compete with fender who is now making pedals and sub 500 dollar amps" and he told me that tube amps just sound better and that they are just more practical and useful than a SS amp. I then later on realize that PRS made a SS amp in the past! It was the PRS HG70 (Harmonic Generator) produced in 1990. It only had 350 units built so they're fairly rare. My local vintage store has one (along with a pre factory Santana for 67,500, I'm also in Maryland so PRS is plentiful here! the store name is Garret Park Guitars) If you have the PRS 2021 calendar, look for the PS's with the Chessie Fade finish, a Vela and an acoustic, that event was where I met Paul! Same store that had that run with them also received a 35th dragon, a Silver Sky Nebula and a bunch of Private Stocks! That store specifically is Bay Tunes guitars!

I actually asked Paul if he would ever consider doing stuff like that! (concerning amps) and I was saying "Would you ever consider making solid state amps or pedals to compete with fender who is now making pedals and sub 500 dollar amps" and he told me that tube amps just sound better and that they are just more practical and useful than a SS amp. I then later on realize that PRS made a SS amp in the past! It was the PRS HG70 (Harmonic Generator) produced in 1990. It only had 350 units built so they're fairly rare. My local vintage store has one (along with a pre factory Santana for 67,500, I'm also in Maryland so PRS is plentiful here! the store name is Garret Park Guitars) If you have the PRS 2021 calendar, look for the PS's with the Chessie Fade finish, a Vela and an acoustic, that event was where I met Paul! Same store that had that run with them also received a 35th dragon, a Silver Sky Nebula and a bunch of Private Stocks! That store specifically is Bay Tunes guitars!

I wasn't even referring to solid state amps, but I remember the Harmonic Generator. One of those wound up in a local shop I visited several years ago that was still in decent condition, but alas didn't get to try it.

Anyway here's some competitor examples as to what I'm talking about, and they're not even solid state (they're tube amps):

https://driftwoodamps.com/darkestnightmare/
https://revvamplification.com/product/generator-100p-amplifier-mkiii/
https://www.laney.co.uk/products/ironheart-irt-studio-tube-head

Back