Hopes for releases this year?

PRSfanboy46

Don't lick doorknobs and stay in school
I'm hoping for something new in the SE line, maybe a SE 408 or an eagle or a solid body piezo or even a 12 string! I would love CE specs on a SE, or even an SE Silver Sky

More stuff with maple necks and fretboards! More solid/metallic finish S2s!

(Maybe an S2 Tremonti or S2 One?)

An SE Private Stock program. All you got do is fly to Indonesia, and meet with the team there... :D
It would be fun, but it defeats the purpose of an SE, cram as much goodness and magic into a sub 1000 dollar instrument without sacrificing quality! I wish they would do more burl/spalt for SE, I have a Spalted maple SE Custom 24 in vintage sunburst and this thing has some great figuring, not like your regular spalt, but has some burl in it even! Buckeye burl SE CU24 in a satin finish

You asked what our hopes were. That was my reply. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the metallic finishes look great on the S2 bevels, and I would rather see cool paint than a mediocre maple top.
I mean the bevels just turn me off, thats why I see S2 as a line for their non flagship models (even though they have the CU24) the mira and vela and starla just turn me off a little bit because the bevels. I've played a mira and it felt good. I'm eyeing a nice CE 24 or CE 24 semi hollow

It would be fun, but it defeats the purpose of an SE, cram as much goodness and magic into a sub 1000 dollar instrument without sacrificing quality! I wish they would do more burl/spalt for SE, I have a Spalted maple SE Custom 24 in vintage sunburst and this thing has some great figuring, not like your regular spalt, but has some burl in it even! Buckeye burl SE CU24 in a satin finish
Yah... thus the smiley face. (couldn't find the "tongue in cheek" emoji)

Ain't that the truth! That would have been 1982, for me. I settled for a Hondo II.
Ok, stop bragging about your age. :p

1976 for me. Silvertone with two lipstick pickups. Black paint with silver metal flake finish. The thing was made out of plywood (as I found when I went to put new pickups in it and had to cut it out a bit). But it had low action which allowed me to learn to play on it. Still had it when Van Halen's first album came out and learned that all on the Silvertone.

Ok, stop bragging about your age. :p

1976 for me. Silvertone with two lipstick pickups. Black paint with silver metal flake finish. The thing was made out of plywood (as I found when I went to put new pickups in it and had to cut it out a bit). But it had low action which allowed me to learn to play on it. Still had it when Van Halen's first album came out and learned that all on the Silvertone.
Montgomery Wards or Sears?? :D

When I was your age, I would have killed for a guitar as good as the S2.
I would honestly get an S2 Custom 24 or the McCarty S2. The satin ones appeal to me but I don't know. I feel most at home on my SE. I've played a core and felt the same, weighed a little less and sustained really good but I like the CE MUCH more. I feel like with S2, they can experiment and do stuff that isn't part of their flagship lineup. I feel like a vela or a mira or a starla is the equivalent to an ES 335 or a jazz master. They're not the most famous but they're well known. Heck they wouldn't put the schizoid finish on a Core.

Ain't that the truth! That would have been 1982, for me. I settled for a Hondo II.
Me too! A Hondo II LP copy with bolt-on neck in 1984. I still look for that model on Reverb... might just buy one for old times’ sake :)
PH7pJLM.jpg

Last edited:
Back