Homogenous 'Authenticity Check Plz' Thread

The Hierophant

When I picked up my first PRS (a lovely red limited edition 57//08 singlecut) a few months ago, someone on here said to me 'Congratulations! Can't wait to see your second one.' I kinda smiled to myself and thought 'Yeah, because I'm totally going to go out and get myself a second four-figure value guitar. My impulse control is waaaaay too strong for that.'

Soooooooooooooooo, anyway... Here are some pictures of the PRS Custom 24 that I have lined up. All looks legit to me, but I figured I'd run it past the experts here before throwing down that hard currency, you know?

Lighting's a bit crap, but I'm sure you can see enough to judge. All input, including mockery of my obviously dreadful impulse control, welcome. ;)

2z50irr.jpg

iqc3uc.jpg

1z5uo48.jpg

1y5s2s.jpg

2cknpl.jpg

Would not say I am an expert but it looks okay to me. I once bought a PRS on the Internet and the phone photos were worse than this. It arrived in as new condition just like the seller said. No problem. But it seems you have a bad feeling about this one? Ask for better quality photographs. Whatever, the law is on your side should this guitar arrive and can be proven to be counterfeit. Which year is it?

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. :)

With regard to why I have not yet bought it, issues with the trains. Going to pick it up on Monday, as it stands. :cool:

Would not say I am an expert but it looks okay to me. I once bought a PRS on the Internet and the phone photos were worse than this. It arrived in as new condition just like the seller said. No problem. But it seems you have a bad feeling about this one? Ask for better quality photographs. Whatever, the law is on your side should this guitar arrive and can be proven to be counterfeit. Which year is it?

I haven't checked the year, but I'm sure you're right and it will be fine. It's not so much that I had a bad feeling, but more that I like to run a big purchase like this by the experts before I make the trip. Certainly worked out with my lovely Sansa, which is the best thing (not just guitar) that I have ever owned.

Looks good to me.

Oh yeah.....TOLD YOU SO! :)

You know what "they" say: THREE'S COMPANY!

Pfft! As if that's going to work a second time. It's not like I've already looked for, and found, a green one... :oops:

Back