Homage to the Tonare Grand

László

Too Many Notes
First post on the topic!

Which gives me the opportunity to pay homage to the Tonare Grand, the finest acoustic I've ever owned or played, including many high end models from Martin, Collings, Taylor, etc.

The guitar records amazingly well, chords ring out and sustain for...well...days, and it plays like buttah.

I'm a flatpicker, not a finger-stylist, however the guitar works for me on a lot of levels. And it's gorgeous.

worthless.gif

Here ya go, Ratchet! Addy top, Coco back and sides, ebony board. Not a great picture, but you get the idea. Has a cool-looking sapwood stripe down the middle of the back, too.

DSC_0072.jpg

The Ratchet said:
That nice woody stripe down the back, just triggers GAS attack :)

Yeah! I really lucked out!

The top is very light for Addy, and there's some feathery bearclaw markings that aren't coming through in pics, so that's also a plus, but the bottom line is how it sounds...and it's sooo nice.

Speaking of how it sounds ;) I know you've got the gear/experience man to likely have already (or make) some tasty sound clips of it. Got clips?

The Ratchet said:
Speaking of how it sounds ;) I know you've got the gear/experience man to likely have already (or make) some tasty sound clips of it. Got clips?

I do have a bunch - but most are part of mixes. Let me see if I can find some tracks where the guitar is highlighted and I'll find a place to post 'em!

Very nice Tonare!

I bought mine in June last year (Coco/Euro) and was so smitten I bought one in Mahogany/Euro in July!

Love them both. No electronics, pure acoustic soul.

Just an amazing guitar. The sapwood stripe on the back is just :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .

Quake17 said:
Very nice Tonare!

I bought mine in June last year (Coco/Euro) and was so smitten I bought one in Mahogany/Euro in July!

Love them both. No electronics, pure acoustic soul.

If I'm recording or playing out in front of a good microphone, I don't see the need for the electronics. You must indeed be smitten, as these things go for some coin! And I don't blame ya one bit.

jcha008 said:
Just an amazing guitar. The sapwood stripe on the back is just :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .

Those naughty guys at PRS know temptation when they build it, am I right? ;)

Back