Holy S#i!! - I want this

I find that buying gear right around the start of a medical emergency - say, open heart surgery - and having it arrive when I come home all weak and feeble, makes my wife not mind so much about the gear.

The trick is getting the timing right. Placing the order on the way to the hospital in the ambulance is pretty much a sure-fire guarantee that the arrival of the gear will coincide with your release from the hospital.

“When did you buy this guitar?”

“You know, my mind is so jumbled from the surgery that I don’t remember buying it! But it sure looks nice! Mind if keep it?”

“You faked the open heart surgery, didn’t you.”

“Of course not. Just look at this scar!”

“You’ll do anything to sneak another guitar into this house! How did you get the surgeon to play along?”

Show her these and their price tags. Then show her that. The snake especially throws anyone off.
226378-8.jpg

dragon2002.jpg

6694a.jpg

I find that buying gear right around the start of a medical emergency - say, open heart surgery - and having it arrive when I come home all weak and feeble, makes my wife not mind so much about the gear.
“You’ll do anything to sneak another guitar into this house! How did you get the surgeon to play along?”
The cardiovascular surgeon is also a guitarist?

:eek:

There's hope! Last night she said, "I don't know. Maybe I can do another year." I almost fainted! If this happens, I'm gonna need some links from @sergiodeblanc
I had a good work arrangement that let me practice retirement for a year, though it was more having the Mrs practice me being retired.

The trick is getting the timing right. Placing the order on the way to the hospital in the ambulance is pretty much a sure-fire guarantee that the arrival of the gear will coincide with your release from the hospital.

“When did you buy this guitar?”

“You know, my mind is so jumbled from the surgery that I don’t remember buying it! But it sure looks nice! Mind if keep it?”

“You faked the open heart surgery, didn’t you.”

“Of course not. Just look at this scar!”

I did a modified version of this - I ordered three custom builds last year, then within a few weeks developed chronic medical issues, along with a bonus kicker of very large unexpected home repair builds! Really puts things in perspective, kind of like that scene in Monty Python about “we need your liver now” :)

I already have an Artist Package 24-08 on order that will (hopefully) arrive soon. Even if I were to deduct the value of the instruments I could sell to get this Private Stock, I'm STILL over 10k in expense for the two instruments.

I DO want this guitar. Honestly, I can afford it. But dropping this much coin on a guitar when I'm saving for college for my two sons and saving for retirement and my wife wants to redo three bathrooms and the house needs to be painted and I've got three trees next to my house that need to be removed before they start to create foundation problems and my wife wants new windows and ........ You get the idea. I'm just going to have make do with an Artist Package 24-08.

Maybe I'll "justify" buying the S2 Studio I want by saying I "skipped" the Private Stock. First world problems.

ah, I see... the one common denominator in all those problems is..... THE WIFE! Looks like she has to go.

:D

You guys are wonderful and seem to be INTENTIONALLY trying to get me in a lot of trouble. :D

Many of us DO live vicariously. But we see the shiny new P.S. and secretly wonder "once his wife finds out, I wonder how long before he gets lucky again!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a modified version of this - I ordered three custom builds last year, then within a few weeks developed chronic medical issues, along with a bonus kicker of very large unexpected home repair builds! Really puts things in perspective, kind of like that scene in Monty Python about “we need your liver now” :)

People are always happy for a sick person to buy themselves a little something to ease the pain, even though, if the person was well, they’d be all, “You’re so greedy!”

A person’s gotta use whatever leverage they have in order to achieve guitar nirvana.

People are always happy for a sick person to buy themselves a little something to ease the pain, even though, if the person was well, they’d be all, “You’re so greedy!”

A person’s gotta use whatever leverage they have in order to achieve guitar nirvana.
Well, one of the 3 builds is a 3/4 size acoustic, so I guess that counts as a little something!

Many of us DO live vicariously. We see the shiny new P.S. and secretly wonder "once his wife finds out, I wonder how long before he gets lucky again!"

Well, I’ve gotten lucky every day since I got my PS - because that guitar is still around.

Back