Holy S#i!! - I want this

dcm_guitar

Wow. I've never been this smitten with an instrument solely based on the way it looks. I want this, I want this, I want this.......

vl7kiwsaca1bzf10zfu5.jpg

uihrqqvtt5apw930zwun.jpg

ks2aq2xcxbyifdba7plc.jpg

I'm already thinking, "I could sell my American Deluxe Tele, my American Elite Strat, an all handmade custom built acoustic and a kidney."

Dude. You should’ve deducted the price of selling the other guitars and given her that price.

Ding, Ding, Ding.....correct answer!

I already have an Artist Package 24-08 on order that will (hopefully) arrive soon. Even if I were to deduct the value of the instruments I could sell to get this Private Stock, I'm STILL over 10k in expense for the two instruments.

I DO want this guitar. Honestly, I can afford it. But dropping this much coin on a guitar when I'm saving for college for my two sons and saving for retirement and my wife wants to redo three bathrooms and the house needs to be painted and I've got three trees next to my house that need to be removed before they start to create foundation problems and my wife wants new windows and ........ You get the idea. I'm just going to have make do with an Artist Package 24-08.

Maybe I'll "justify" buying the S2 Studio I want by saying I "skipped" the Private Stock. First world problems.

Dude. You should’ve deducted the price of selling the other guitars and given her that price.
Also, I amortize over at least 25 years and then give her the yearly or better yet monthly cost of it.
And then top it off doing the same thing with deducted residual value.
Usually crickets after that in my house. (partly cause she's lost in the math :D, but also cuz the numbers get really small)

I already have an Artist Package 24-08 on order that will (hopefully) arrive soon. Even if I were to deduct the value of the instruments I could sell to get this Private Stock, I'm STILL over 10k in expense for the two instruments.

I DO want this guitar. Honestly, I can afford it. But dropping this much coin on a guitar when I'm saving for college for my two sons and saving for retirement and my wife wants to redo three bathrooms and the house needs to be painted and I've got three trees next to my house that need to be removed before they start to create foundation problems and my wife wants new windows and ........ You get the idea. I'm just going to have make do with an Artist Package 24-08.

Maybe I'll "justify" buying the S2 Studio I want by saying I "skipped" the Private Stock. First world problems.
... so $10K minus residual value over your remaining life expectancy is way under $20 per month is my guess...

This is a rare beast.
I get the other expenses, but you only pay for college one year at a time and you will probably do only one bathroom at a time.
Before I retired, I paid for a few things (not all for myself) by calculating how much longer I would need to work before retiring - beach house for a month=x weeks; private stock=y weeks. It didn’t seem like a bad deal. I basically split 6 months pay with my wife and two daughters.

But...not to be a total enabler. If you opt to defer, your discretionary cash after college will be huge. Remember to buy something amazing then.

I just texted my wife the price for this slice of heaven. She was not amused.

Sigh....... I hate it when the cold, stark reality of life intrudes on my fantasies of wealth and talent!!!
"the cold, stark reality of life"???
That's your wife's name? Huh... ya learn something new every day!:p

Two sons. Three words: Annapolis, West Point. No tuition and guaranteed employment. New windows and three baths ought to equal at least one new guitar.

Thanks, in advance, for their service.

This is a rare beast.
I get the other expenses, but you only pay for college one year at a time and you will probably do only one bathroom at a time.
Before I retired, I paid for a few things (not all for myself) by calculating how much longer I would need to work before retiring - beach house for a month=x weeks; private stock=y weeks. It didn’t seem like a bad deal. I basically split 6 months pay with my wife and two daughters.

But...not to be a total enabler. If you opt to defer, your discretionary cash after college will be huge. Remember to buy something amazing then.

I did this. Now she wants to retire 3 years early and plans are FUBAR!

Back