Holy cow! Pickup height

Disgoduc

So being fairly new to the guitar scene I was watching a video on YouTube and the discussion came up about pick up height so I have an Old Squire with theDimarzio evolution pickups and as an experiment I started adjusting the height and the angle of the pickups. holy cow! I had no idea changing the height and the angle to pick ups made that much of a difference. I figured that makes some just not to that degree. Now I get to go tweak all my guitars. That's exciting. . But then again I'm easily amused…

I wonder how many of mine need tweaking, so I am curious. And if there is a way to screw this up, you can bet that I will find it.
Put the guitar semi flat with a neck support or the like.. mines homemade... first start to angle the pickup under the low e side and turn it away form the low e a little at a time whilst strumming. Unless you're tone deaf, You'll hear it change. If you're concerned about screwing it up take a small ruler and measure the distance between the pick ups in the strings and then after you're finished if you don't like what you've done return the level back to what it was before you started playing with the pick up height. There's no way to screw it up, unless you keep screwing it in until you break something.. but let's hope that you know when to stop .. I had no idea.. just give it a shot. Just remember.. a little at a time..

Ok.. ok.. now give a minute to get what I'm learning before you put a stick in my spokes...lol
His advice is golden, and now that you're getting into adjustments you should go all the way. Pole piece adjustments give you control over the volume & tone of INDIVIDUAL strings so you can really customize your sound.

Go for it!!, you can do it!!

His advice is golden, and now that you're getting into adjustments you should go all the way. Pole piece adjustments give you control over the volume & tone of INDIVIDUAL strings so you can really customize your sound.

Go for it!!, you can do it!!
I did not know poles could be adjusted individually.. I'll have to figure that one out...

Back