Hollowbody with Starla pickups?

JWVan

hi all - I’m new here and not sure if there is a right or wrong place for general questions...but I’m looking at a HBII that has Starla pickups in it. The seller says they are original but I’ve never seen this set up. Did PRS offer a HB model with the Starla pickups as stock?

There was a time when PRS would swap pickups on your new guitar it does sound like an interesting combo

Can you find the MODCAT for the HBII? That will tell you whether the pickups are original or aftermarket.

It's a code with letters and numbers that appears on a sticker on the case, on the hangtag, and under the neck pickup - it looks like this ->

ftQKLub.jpg

Pop that into this website here -> http://www.toragraphics.com/modcat/ - and you can see what it was shipped with.

I can remember a thread here in which at least one individual was extolling the virtues of putting Starlas in an HB. I don't recall any stock runs of HBs with Starla pickups. Nevertheless, I could be mistaken.

I can remember a thread here in which at least one individual was extolling the virtues of putting Starlas in an HB. I don't recall any stock runs of HBs with Starla pickups. Nevertheless, I could be mistaken.

Me neither - I do remember a limited run of Miras with Starla pickups, but those are the only ones outside actual Starlas I can recall.

Nevertheless, it does sound like a perfectly sensible thing to do since the pickups that inspired the Starlas were famous for being in hollowbody guitars for generations...

Back