Hollowbody Spruce

Ok, matonanjin. I just couldn’t own that black guitar because it was, well, black. Great color for other people, but the fingerprints made my OCD go haywire. I’m looking at a blonde bomber in my area. If my half ass accountants have turned in my taxes, it’ll be mine as soon as the check hits my account.

Yes, pics make every thread better!

x2ilJQ2.jpg

mine.

Oh my, that is beautiful Serg...

Spruce tops and hollow bodies go together like peanut butter and jelly, like ham and eggs, like Bogart and Bacall, like Victoria's Secret supermodels and me ... well theoretically speaking.

But that is a special combination, as a spruce top is so resonant and responsive to the hollow chamber, and provides an immediate, distinctive tone. I own an Archtop Spruce, which by virtue of its top is a uniquely different animal than a maple topped version. Both sound great, but to my ears there's an organic quality that really sets the spruce top variant apart.

Yeah, I love my Spruce HB, and the piezo (which Sergio has no use for) does a great job emulating an acoustic sound in a pinch (especially when accompanied by an actual acoustic guitar - the tonal difference separates nicely in the mix).

Here's mine:

1mJgMW4.jpg

I think I've surrendered and dogrocketp will score this beauty... my tax refund was, let's say it didn't meet my expectations....

My accounting firm just merged with Dewey, Hosem, and Howe. They’ve gone from excellent to the worst I’ve ever seen. I’ll have to find a new accountant and hope the old one actually sent mine in. They lied about when it was done.

My accounting firm just merged with Dewey, Hosem, and Howe. They’ve gone from excellent to the worst I’ve ever seen. I’ll have to find a new accountant and hope the old one actually sent mine in. They lied about when it was done.

I married my accountant. She stays up late on the first day you can file your taxes, it’s pretty great.

Sweet...I didn't realize that they made some HBS's with piezo. Mine's a 2001, what year is yours?
Jim
Mine is a 2006. I acquired it in 2014.

AFAIK, it was the earliest Spruce HB and HB I models that were often lacking the piezo, but later on it was pretty common. Most IIs (all?) are piezo-equipped, again AFAIK. But the new 594 HB is not (yet) available in a piezo configuration.

Mine is a 2006. I acquired it in 2014.

AFAIK, it was the earliest Spruce HB and HB I models that were often lacking the piezo, but later on it was pretty common. Most IIs (all?) are piezo-equipped, again AFAIK. But the new 594 HB is not (yet) available in a piezo configuration.

Before my Sprucey (!) I had an HB 1 w/o piezo, but don't remember the year. Seems to me that it was an option back then. The HBS is so more lively and moved the HB1 along.

Back