Hollowbody (non-Piezo) Coil Splitting

Beargrylls21

Hi Everyone,

I mentioned in a previous thread that I just picked up a 2008 Hollowbody 1 (non-piezo version), and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It currently has the stock archtop pickups in it, but as I've heard of others on this board doing, I'm thinking of upgrading to the 57/08 pickup set.

My question has to do with coil splitting once I put in the new pickups. I've read that it is typically not possible to do push/pull pot coil splitting on a hollowbody as there isn't space in the cavity with the piezo system. Does anyone know if a push/pull pot would work on a HB that is the non-piezo version?

Just thinking about what would be necessary to do this as I find myself constantly tinkering with my stuff. Thanks.

I don’t see why not, there’s tons of room in my HB1. A push-pull tone pot, mini switches, etc..

I'm sure it can be done and the HB has space inside ................ but I'd think twice about switching from Archtop pups to 57/08s.
Just my opinion, but they sound better to my ears.

Hi Everyone,

I mentioned in a previous thread that I just picked up a 2008 Hollowbody 1 (non-piezo version), and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It currently has the stock archtop pickups in it, but as I've heard of others on this board doing, I'm thinking of upgrading to the 57/08 pickup set.

My question has to do with coil splitting once I put in the new pickups. I've read that it is typically not possible to do push/pull pot coil splitting on a hollowbody as there isn't space in the cavity with the piezo system. Does anyone know if a push/pull pot would work on a HB that is the non-piezo version?

Just thinking about what would be necessary to do this as I find myself constantly tinkering with my stuff. Thanks.

I was told that it could be done but that it could be expensive cause the tech had no idea how long it would take with that little of space to work with.

Back