Hollowbody ii vs. Hollowbody ii 594

PeterK

Am I stupid for wanting to sell my current Hollowbody and put it towards a 594 HB PS?
zeuarfxymjyyjuvpbxv6.jpg

But you’d lose the piezo function, or have to pay an upcharge for a piezo in a 594 HB. And they’d be essentially still be the same guitar, me thinks.

Perhaps a singlecut, or singlecut HB? That might help ensure you have two different guitars rather than two of the same.

I own a PS 594 HB LTD.
Absolutely amazing guitar. But here is my answer. If you have an early McCarty HB before they added the braces to the top, keep it. If its a HB II with the bracing on the top, get the PS. OR, if you are ordering a PS, better yet! Have them build it to the original specs, pre bracing. Much more resonant guitar acoustically. I am saving for exactly that right now, but my PS Hollowbody LTD is going nowhere!

By the way, Music villa in Montana has a 594 HB LTD that is stunning. I would grab that one if you can swing it. Give them a call and ask about a trade possibly.

But you’d lose the piezo function, or have to pay an upcharge for a piezo in a 594 HB. And they’d be essentially still be the same guitar, me thinks.

Perhaps a singlecut, or singlecut HB? That might help ensure you have two different guitars rather than two of the same.
I've never really used the piezo actually. I like the 594's because they feel better to me. Thicker neck, neck feels slightly shorter, ect.

I own a PS 594 HB LTD.
Absolutely amazing guitar. But here is my answer. If you have an early McCarty HB before they added the braces to the top, keep it. If its a HB II with the bracing on the top, get the PS. OR, if you are ordering a PS, better yet! Have them build it to the original specs, pre bracing. Much more resonant guitar acoustically. I am saving for exactly that right now, but my PS Hollowbody LTD is going nowhere!

By the way, Music villa in Montana has a 594 HB LTD that is stunning. I would grab that one if you can swing it. Give them a call and ask about a trade possibly.
Mine is a 2015 so I'm assuming it has the new braces. Does the 594 HB have a snap to its tone? My has this immediate snappiness to it that I wouldn't want to loose. I'm not sure if that's a characteristic of hollowbodies or it's unique to my guitar.

Mine is a 2015 so I'm assuming it has the new braces. Does the 594 HB have a snap to its tone? My has this immediate snappiness to it that I wouldn't want to loose. I'm not sure if that's a characteristic of hollowbodies or it's unique to my guitar.

You have the bracing, so IMO, its a no brainer. I think the 594 with the chunkier neck, new tail piece, pups, 4 knobs etc. Is a far superior guitar. The only thing is you may have SLIGHTLY less snap with the shorter scale length. It would be very mininmal however, if at all.

Last edited:
Back