Hollowbody II volume pot taper problem?

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
Magnetic pickup volume taper seems weird. 10-7 seems ok, then drastic volume drop from 7-0. Very little volume at all between 7-0. Doesn't seem consistent with PRS volume pot taper on regular magnetic pickups. I don't remember this when I had my SCHB II.
The taper when using the piezo seems pretty normal- only an issue on the magnetic side.

What kind of taper do you guys have on yours?

Actually turned out to be a chain issue with this guy's rig. Some stuff he had in line. We plugged it straight into a Twin and it functioned normal. Not sure what he all had going. There were multiple buffered inputs, an effects dealio that probably had some gates or something. Sounded like a cluster-€#%£ after he told me what the signal chain was.

Sounds to me like maybe a compressor with the threshold set high enough that it wouldn't catch your signal when it was turned down?

Sounds to me like maybe a compressor with the threshold set high enough that it wouldn't catch your signal when it was turned down?
Very possible. I didn't hear or see the setup he was running when it was doing that. So I met up with him and had him plug straight to an amp.

I just picked up a 02 hollowbody II and noticed the same thing. mine is nothing between 0-5.

Back