Hollowbody II - Rosewood Neck?

GotdBlues

If I am reading the details on the Artist Package correctly, one can order a rosewood neck on a Hollowbody II.

Are there any forum members with a rosewood neck Hollowbody? I've read great things about the feel and sound of rosewood necks, but would that make a HBII too neck heavy?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated...

If I am reading the details on the Artist Package correctly, one can order a rosewood neck on a Hollowbody II.

Are there any forum members with a rosewood neck Hollowbody? I've read great things about the feel and sound of rosewood necks, but would that make a HBII too neck heavy?

It will be "Neck" heavy IMHO............

I have one, highly recommend. It's a little neck heavy but no worse than a SG (if I let go of the guitar the neck weighs, but doesn't really dip. it's stable). This is waaaay outweighed by the feel, sustain, tone, and resonance the mass of the rosewood adds. And the looks!

irw2_zpse655f6a9.png

Killer combination. I played an early private stock HB with a BRW neck, it was exceptional. I didn't find it overly neck heavy.

HBII with RW neck

Hello, I live in Hong Kong and not many choices (especially Hollowbody with Rosewood neck) for me:bawling:
I am planning to order one (custom made) but worrying about sound quality...I can't reject it if everything is fine but the sound quality is not satisfactory...
What do you think?

rio

I don't think the rosewood neck option is available on a HB with or without the Artist Package. I think you would have to go Private Stock ... You should contact customer service ... or Shawn will let us know ...

Hi

I've got a HB II artist package from I think 07 in Maeto Blue. I was told it had a Brazilian Rosewood Neck and BRW board. I bought it from Rose Morris in London for about GBP 5,500, it was a special offer as they had just become a PRS dealer and this was their show piece guitar.

I don't think it's neck heavy at all. The whole thing is so light & beautiful. The great thing about the Artist pack back then was that both the front and back were 10's, and so it's stunning to play and look at. I played about 6 HB's before selecting this one - I'd like to say it was just on sound, but the feel of the neck and the colour of the guitar also ment I could not walk out of the shop with out it. This was my first PRS, and now I'm hooked.

The only thing I'm thinking of doing to the guitar is upgrading the pickups - maybe to 57/08s or similar. I really do love the new pickups in my ME Quattro and McCarty Shootout, so trying more of the 50's inspired pickups might make this guitar even better.

Back