Hollowbody II Pickup Selector Switch Snapped During Shipping

b3nj1

Hi. I recently got a new SE hollowbody ii. It wasn't packed well (no material in the shipping box other than the guitar in its case) and when I opened it up the pickup selector tip sheared off from the switch. (Unfortunately the tip wasn't unscrewed from the switch before shipping.) There's no other additional visible damage to the guitar other than the switch. Has anyone else had a switch break like this?

2022-04-03%2008.38.11.jpg

Yeah, seems like it's not an uncommon issue but definitely a bummer. Not the unboxing experience you want.

I've been in touch with the dealer and they're sending a replacement switch and refunding $50 to cover the installation cost.

Also, I personally wouldn't unscrew a tip before shipping, and can't say I've ever had one arrive unscrewed. I'd be more afraid of an uncovered tip causing more damage than less.

I've seen removing the switch tip as a recommendation in a couple of places. The only other guitar I've had shipped with a 3-way toggle switch did have the plastic tip unscrewed, but it's probably more common for them to be left on. If the guitar was packed well it probably wouldn't have been an issue...

I just got a new Vox guitar yesterday and it had a nice circular piece of styrofoam on the switch, which is probably the best way.

Damn UPS put 5+ holes/rips in the box but the hard case and foam did the trick!

I've seen removing the switch tip as a recommendation in a couple of places. The only other guitar I've had shipped with a 3-way toggle switch did have the plastic tip unscrewed, but it's probably more common for them to be left on. If the guitar was packed well it probably wouldn't have been an issue...

Still wouldn't remove it myself. Wrap sure, remove no. I'm a bomb proof packer though

Back